Monday, November 7, 2011

christmas rush...

The Christmas rush is on...I guess.
November first I heard my first Christmas Carol ~ and it was Elvis.
Sorry, not a big fan.
Before that I had seen glimpses of holiday displays at a few stores and I avoided those aisles.
Don't get me started on the commercials.
I like to enjoy each holiday without rushing to the next.
However, being a shop girl I need my booth halls decked since customers have been asking for Christmas items for a few weeks now.
Thank goodness some of my fellow shop girls are on the ball while I have been stalling.
Our Christmas Open House this year starts on December 3rd and runs for a whole week.
Yesterday and today I started putting a few things together.
I am going to try and keep it subtle this year, more wintery than Christmasey (is that a word?).
I started by browsing through last years JDL...

I have a simple plan for the tree which I will share with you later this week.

I have a basket full of ornaments left over from last year...

 A fabulous old winter photo...


Vintage sleigh bells (that I still don't know if I want to part with)...


I have been picking up wonderful old books with red covers...


I would also like to find more pieces like this to add some holiday color to my booth...


I did have this sign in the shop pile but I think I have to keep it a bit longer!

My nest will not see any holiday decorations until the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Just in time for Thanksgiving, I received the nicest gifts the other day from my fellow shop girl and friend Jeanine...


I am looking forward to using them on my turkey day table...


But for now I have them in my living room...


I think they are the perfect touch for fall...



Which I would still like to enjoy for a few more weeks!
Thank you Jeanine...


She gave me a few other pretties too that will be perfect when I finally start my holiday decorating!

I want to thank you all for visiting me over at Meridian Road last Friday.
I am happy you stopped by, have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

i am sooo with you on the "enjoying one holiday at a time" thingy! I too avoid those aisles that have xmas up WAY too early! don't get me wrong...i LOVE xmas and am full of the xmas spirit but only when it's TIME for xmas! alas...when you own a shop/booth one must get into the spirit a wee bit earlier! I am anxious to see your decorations at the WTC...and, hopefully, IN PERSON! ;)

Trisha said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Let each holiday bask in its own glory! My aunt decorates her whole house for Christmas the day after Halloween and it is no fun to celebrate Thanksgiving there! I can't wait to see all the beautiful wintery things you come up with!

~Trisha

Faye said...

Oh those sleigh bells! Me wants!!! :) I take one holiday at a time and I don't want to see commercials yet! I like to wait until Thanksgiving is over and then I can go crazy decorating. The old red books are super cool!
Faye

Unknown said...

I thought about getting started with Christmas , But took a step back and first I need to get though Thanksgiving

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love that gorgeous china pattern! I would die for a whole table full of it.It will add so much to your Thanksgiving. I love the tone you have chosen for your booth. Wonderful! Wish I could see it in person.

NanaDiana said...

I'm with you, Sandi..it might be okay to see it in the stores, etc...but I don't want to do Christmas until AFTER Halloween. Love those ornaments and those old sleigh bells. Deep breath....just do what you can AS you can so that you don't get overwhelmed trying to do all/be all with the booth! WHATEVER you do will be just lovely! xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I have started decorating for Christmas because I don't like my stuff to be out only 1 month. I have nothing (but one white ceremic turkey) to decorate with for thanksgiving because I do not enjoy fall colors and haven't figured out how to do thanksgiving any other way!

Polly said...

Hobby Lobby had their Christmas stuff out in July! I started early at the booth this year, and thank goodness I did, the Christmas stuff is selling like crazy! Looks like you are pulling together a beautiful design for your booth! Can't wait to see!

Vicki said...

You need to keep those sleigh bells! Love the gift you received in the mail. Can't wait to see more of your holiday goodies.

michelle said...

We had Christmas here in Sept as far as the stores getting ready! That is even early for me! :) I love your holiday ideas and treasures, your booth is going to be beautiful.
What a sweet gift too, they are perfect for Thanksgiving.
xoxo

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Your ideas are lovely...and I'm glad you're trying to hold off going holiday too early--it's hard!

xo

Sandy

Heaven's Walk said...

Blech! I don't like Elvis either, Sandi. lol! But I do luv Christmas music, shopping, and all the joy in this blessed holiday! (just NOT the snow....) I'm decorating my house in the JDA style, too. (surprise, surprise.) Green and white and silver. Your booth is going to look so sweet with those treasures, girl! LUV those sleigh bells!!!! :)

xoxo laurie

BECKY said...

Oh my! I think I would definitely keep those sleigh bells!! It is so hard for me to part with stuff sometimes! My real weakness is chunky, stained, crazed ironstone!!
I finally began cutting my antique linen...and it was painful, but I survived. Linen would be my second weakness!!

Your gift is lovely! I too have been getting more understated with my Christmas decor for the past three years. I really like the idea of less is more, and I only use what I LOVE. My grandmother was an interior designer and loving your pieces was always more important to her than quantity.

Love those red books, too!

Hope your week is fab!!
Hugs,
Becky

Carrie Garvin said...

Really enjoy visiting new blogs, especially around the holiday times--- Oh my---those sleigh bells are darling!


Hope you can visit my blog sometime!

Free Art Printables said...

Those plates are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails