Thursday, October 2, 2014

living room makeover reveal...finally...

Hi and Happy October!
When I shared my den makeover last week I gave you a little peek into the living room which recently received a makeover as well...

I am glad you came back this week to see my living room makeover!  Unless I find a piece that I just can't live without, this room is pretty much done.  I do want a new area rug ~ I just can't make up my mind which one.  I'm sort of leaning toward a textured, medium grey one I saw at Home Depot.

I didn't spend a lot of money on this makeover (are you reading this Jim?) and I didn't change too much either.  I just painted the walls the same grey that I used in my master bedroom, bought a slip cover for my chair, added a few new pillows and accessories as well as a few new vintage finds.

Here is an idea of what the room looked like before...

 


To see more before photos, click here and here.

Here is a view of the room from the den (I shared that makeover here)...



I feel the grey warmed up the room and I love the look of my whites against it...



Those two pillows are new ~ the one with the button I got at Homegoods and the other my friend and fellow Shop Girl Jeannie made for me from an old scrap of fabric I found at a flea market this summer...



Thank you again Jeannie ~ I love it!!

The chippy, old blue~green ladder is one of my latest vintage finds from the shop and goes perfectly with my new pillows...


I added a few Fall touches to my mantel last week...


Nothing new here, just used what I already had...pieces I love...




Anyone else love little white pumpkins?



The old ladder is another favorite vintage find from the shop...


I covered the chair with a Simply Shabby Chic slipcover from Target and added a new pillow there too...


I want to hang a little something over the chair, just don't know what yet!  Oh and there's my new grey pumpkin I found at Marshalls...








I need to bring my blue~green accent color to the other side of my room with some new pillows...


I sold my old chippy white shutter at the shop and bought an old chippy grey one.  The end table used to be in my master bedroom...


I bought the lamp and shade at Walmart separately...



I really love this room and the cozy, comfortable feeling it gives me.  Although I can't get too comfortable since we will be starting a bathroom makeover in a few weeks after camping season ends.
Just one of the many Fall/Winter projects I have planned!

I finally joined Instagram!  I haven't posted much yet but if you'd like, you can follow me here.

Thanks so much for stopping by ~ have a wonderful weekend!

25 comments:

Seawashed said...

Everything is lovely Your color palette is calming. I think you will like Instagram...so many kind ladies there. I already went to follow you. xxo

Pat said...

Sandi,
This make~over of your living room has such a relaxing mood, dear friend!!! I adore the wall color! The accents of the blue chippy ladder and the grey shutter are nice additions to your decor. Amazing friend to make you such a lovely new pillow!!!
I love, LOVE, L O V E how the decor blends effortlessly from the den to the living room!!! Beautifully executed!
Now about that grey pumpkin. . .I painted two orange ones grey this morning. They are drying within Studio one as I type this!!! (wink!)
Fondly,
Pat

Susie said...

Sandi, I really like the wall color. Your white things stand out now. Very pretty. xoxo,Susie

Mari said...

Your make over looks beautiful, I love how fresh and cozy it looks....
Your gray pumpkin looks great in your new cozy room ;-)

Happy fall~
Mari

Ivy and Elephants said...

You did a beautiful job, love the color on the walls and the way you used the mirrors is just perfection!
Great!
Hugs,
Patti

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The pale blues are so beautiful and serene! I love that little chippy ladder/stool. You chose a wonderful wall color. I love the whites against it. Just beautiful!

Joy Junktion said...

It's a very nice room, Sandi! When you own pieces that you love it certainly makes a redo much less expensive, doesn't it! Enjoy redoing your bathroom! Blessings, Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

You really do a lovely job with every room, Sandi, and this is no exception! It's cozy and relaxed. I could feel very comfortable here. I love the slipcovers and your mirrors are just great. How you keep from having everything under the sun in your home is something...you have access to so much!! But I like the simplicity, it's very serene. Great job!

Jane xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's lovely. I don't have a problem hanging things -- just find a space and slap it up there. I don't have much wall space anymore. So I find it interesting when folks have a lot of wall space and still don't know what to put on it. :) You will love Instagram. I've only been doing it for a year but friends tell me it seems like I've been doing it forever. Best wishes, Tammy

Victoria said...

How beautiful everything is Sandi! It looks so cozy, I'm sure you'll have many wonderful Winter days curled up in there:)

So happy to hear you're on IG! I'm on there under KWill1923...not a very girly name, I know, but hubby and I share it although I've completely taken it over:) Will look for you there!

Unknown said...

oh my....i got a "sneak peek" on IG and now the full tour....LOVE! it's all so very gorgeous...so soothing..l love your color palette!! well done! ;)
(and SO happy to see you on IG!)

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

This is the same color palette that I'm going for. LOVE how soft and cozy it all looks, Sandi!
xo,
Lin

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Sandi,
First up, OMG, how I adore that ladder, seriously - ADORE! Your enhancements in your neutral shades which I too have used in our house lately will embrace you with a sophisticated color palate in a casual relaxed way. I used to be all sepia tones but adding the greyscale tones add interest and dimension. Beautifully done Sandi. Hey that white mirror truly rocks!!!
Happy Autumn
xo,
Vera

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

oh Sandi I forgot to include my answer to your question if anyone else loves little white pumpkins? Just the other day John asked me if I thought perhaps I now have enough baby boos .... To which I answered NEVER! Go figure these husbands with silly questions. Like don't they get it we wait all year for baby boos!!!!
Bye again, happy weekend
xo,
Vera

June said...

I love it all Sandi! I love your grey walls and how everything you hand on it really pops. It's beautiful and isn't it great to sit there and take it all in? I always love to see the mirrors you have and crush on them :)
hugs from here...

Debbie said...

I really like the white against the grey! It all has such a soft look to it. Nice job, Sandi!! I need that slipcover for my chair...wish our Target carried it...LOVE it!
That large frame on the wall is gorgeous!
I can understand why you are so happy with the way the rooms turned out. They look super!
Debbie
xo

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Your room looks lovely - I love the grey color! I especially like how you have decorated your mantle (the owl is adorable). As for our day in Plymouth, we ate at the Waterfront and it was excellent! Some day you and I will get a chance to meet in person - every time I come that way I am so busy :-(

Burlap Luxe said...

Wonderful Sandi, long awaited reveal.
Don't you just love it when you can finally look at a room and say to yourself "you are finished" yet then we continue to tweak it here and there, this is a wonderful room that you will find great joy in creating in.

I can't wait to see it dolled up for the holidays!!

Beautifully inspiring

Xx
Dore

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Sandi! It all looked so calm and tranquil and chic! I love the gray walls! You did an amazing job, girlie! :)

xoxo laurie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'm still catching up on all the posts I missed when I was away last week, and this is a great makeover post! Your room really is warmed up with gray walls, and I love that slipcover from Target! It fits your chair perfectly. Isn't amazing how stuff you already looks completely different when you paint your walls? I love the mirrors on your mantel and the blue chippy ladder, too. Well done, Sandi!

Enjoy your new space before the renovation begins. :)

Vickie

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

It looks wonderful in here Sandi! Very cozy and peaceful. I adore the gray on the walls, and of course all those cute baby boos. Everything is so cohesive and comfortable. I'll just plop down on your chair now...

chateau chic said...

Your living room looks so welcoming and comfy. The new wall color is beautiful, Sandi! It really makes your whites and accents shine. And I'm loving that blue green little step ladder!!
Mary Alice

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so pretty, Sandi! Love how the white looks against the gray wall color...and the pillows are so pretty! Stopped by to follow on Instagram, too!

Anne said...

Sandi your room looks beautiful! Love that soft grey color and yes your lovely whites are perfectly paired with it!Such a pretty change!

Twinkle Terrior said...

everything looks gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails