Wednesday, June 16, 2010

random whites...

This week is just flying by! I can't believe that it is time to fly over to Faded Charm where Kathleen is once again hosting my favorite, White Wednesday! I thought I would share some random whites with you today...
A few of the new whites in my booth to a few whites in other booths... The kitty bookends are so sweet and I am loving the detail on the table...

Wouldn't you just love to play dress up and put that wonderful ruffled dress on?! I also changed the corner in my living room, again. I think you will agree that this works much better than the shutter... I even like the lamp there now! I put my little sand dollar garland on it and added a big starfish... I bought two of these windows and have the other one on the opposite side of the room for now... Since the other lamp will be staying I want to get a different lamp here ~ probably a tabletop one when I replace my Mom's tea wagon behind the love seat. I used to have my sewing machine table there (that is now in my Paris Hotel Suite) but look what my talented sister in law found... Of course it did not look like this when she found it ~ she gave it a little makeover and I love it (just might have to have it)! To see the before picture fly over to Christine's new blog AnthonyRosesShabHome. Christine always seems to find the best stuff! Here are a few more whites from her beautiful home...
Every time I visit Christine I want to paint the walls in my den and living room to make my whites pop. I guess that will be another project for my fall and winter list!! I am so happy that you stopped by today! Have I thanked you all lately for stopping by to visit? Have I said thank you for your kind thoughts, compliments and help when I ask for it? Have I said thank you lately for making me feel so at home in this big world of blogging? Thank you, thank you, thank you! Well, another school year has flown by and the next few weeks will be very festive around here. My son will be turning 16 in a few days and Jim and I will be celebrating our silver wedding anniversary! Wow...that made me feel real old! I am going to be taking a little break from blogging for a few weeks ~ but hope to pop in on you all to see what you are up to. When I come back I will have some exciting stuff to share! Here is a little hint... Have a Wonderful White Wednesday!!!

31 comments:

Jane said...

Happy WW. You always picture some wonderful whites around your house and shop. I love the window frame and like how you hung the sand dollars and starfish on it. Enjoy your time celebrating your son's birthday and your anniversary!
Jane

AnthonyRose'sShabHome said...

Oh Sandi that window does look great even though I love the shutter too! Thanks for that big shout out!! And that did sound old the silver anniversary!! Can't believe I met you and Jim when you were I think 29 or 28 qnd Jac was 2 How scary is that wasn't it just yesterday?? Any way have a great one you both have worked so hard and diserve it!! XOXO

Crystal said...

As always a blissful journey through your whites!

Passionate for White said...

Ooooh I'm a sucker for starfish and sand dollars - love what you did with them...such a beachy feel!

Sandi said...

I so enjoyed seeing all your whites today Sandi! I am so far behind that I had to do a very quick post. The days are just getting away from me. Son and family coming into town this weekend and I need to get cleaning and spruce up the guest room.
Happy WW!!
Hugs~

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Love all your whites Sandi...especially those old windows! Have a wonderful little break!!
paula:)

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Happy WW to you my friend!! I am loving the way your window frame looks with the sand dollar garland and starfish. Also that little hanging cupboard with the buttons - yummy!!!

Anne Lorys said...

You are the one gal that I just KNOW will never run out of beautiful whites to share! :-)

stefanie said...

love all the whites!!!

Unknown said...

This post is so beautiful. I love everything in it! Aren't whites dreamy?
Mary

June said...

Sandi your whites today are gorgeous. That portrait of the lady is 2die4! And I would definitely say yes to the dress. i love all the ruffles. Your home is such a delight to see and I could just curl up on your sofa and chat the afternoon away with you.
hugs

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE those precious kitty bookends! You always have great things for WW!
xo,
Debra

Diane Mars said...

Very pretty I love the Singer sewing machine conversion!
oxox, Diane

Victoria said...

Happy WW Sandi! All your whites are beautiful, I will definitely visit your SIL's blog:) Your living room looks so pretty and so comfy!

I was on Etsy yesterday and went to visit your shop but saw that you were on a little break. Enjoy the summer and Happy Anniversary and Happy Bday to your son:)

Debby said...

Sandi, so many gorgeous whites. I love the photo, amazing,and the dress just beautiful.
Debby

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Random but very cute!! That hint...hmmmm....I wonder what's going on!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the singer sewing machine table! i havr one painted black..you are making me rethink it!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Sandi,

That old sewing machine base made such a wonderful table - so practical and pretty!

Amanda

Unknown said...

I like the windows better than the shutters in your living room - good choice :-) Happy Anniversary to you and Jim - WOW...25 years - congratulations! Enjoy!! Pam

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Alrighty Sandi...where should I start?
As you know, I've been gone for a week and then catching up with the world upon my return.
I sit here and read all what I missed and geez girl, you totally blow my mind with all the fun finds and fun stuff going on over there!
Let's see...
Happy Anniversary...Silver Sweet!!!
Happy Birthday to the little one...Sweet 16!!!

I am LOVING that curved top sewing machine bottom...totally worth stealing from the sis! haha
But what really grabbed my heart was the lamp shades...I so cannot believe that those (or some like them) where in your parent's wedding photo! IT WAS MEANT TO BE!!!! Now, you and hubby need to take an anniversary photo in front of them...be nostalgic!!!!! :)))))

It's so nice to be able to sit here and catch up with you...even though I've been traveling and having fun, there's nothing like visiting and catching up on the sweet things in life with friends!!!! :)))

I'm going to miss you on your break but I know that you will come back and have LOTS to share with us...I'll anxiously be waiting for you :)))

Have fun and ENJOY!!!!!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh, more white pretties...and yes, I do love her dress! Enjoy your break and Happy Anniversary!
Rene

Linda @ Painted Whyte said...

I love those windows! Windows are my new favorite thing to paint right now - i love them - they have so much character and chippy paint!!! That sewing machine is also to die for! I love that paint colour - your right the white totally pops - do you know what colour the walls were painted in??? Thanks so much for visiting! :) Hope you have a good weekend!

Michella Marie said...

Hi Sandi~
I love all your whites!! I especially love the window in your living room!! I actually have old (narrow) french doors propped up on both sides of the window in my dining room :)) I LOVE THEM!! I also love the singer base with the table top!!!
I think we would have a lotta fun together :))
We share very similar tastes in decorating!!
Looking forward to a wonderful friendship full of inspiration :))
Michella

Simple Home said...

I loved seeing all of your whites for this post. Happy Birthday to your son and Happy Anniversary to you and your husband :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

In love with that window and your paint!! Enjoy your day!
XO

sweetpea said...

Hi Sandi! Thanks for stopping by my studio and leaving a sweet comment. I love your whites.

Hugs,

Shelley

One Cheap B*tch said...

Everything looks so pretty! I really love the shutter/window pane with the starfish and sand dollars. So cute!

Jeanine

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I do hope you are having a lovely time with all your celebrations. Happy, happy, happy to one and all. You always have such lovely things to share. That Singer table is great! Your window frames are perfect and love your sweet little decorations on the one. The kids and I leave early, early Sunday morning for the States -- looking forward to a great summer. Best wishes, Tammy

Rose said...

my computer was ill so just saw this post. loved the photos and the bookends, have a good day.

Peninia / Gosia said...

Very beautiful:)

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Sandi,
Thanks for the comments on my latest blog pics!
I'll be sure to let you ladies know right away if I decide to put the french wire laundry basket up for sale. Hey...did you notice I bought two of those sweet doors from you...the ones with the gingham fabric? I couldn't resist. They're adorable!! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails