Thursday, June 3, 2010

being repetitive and a little bird...

I have to admit that sometimes I sit at the computer in the morning and wonder what to blog about, especially if it isn't one of the wonderful party days like White Wednesday or Vintage Black Friday (which by the way is tomorrow). I am not one to prepare a post the day before, I usually just put it all together in the early morning while everyone is preparing to head out the door. I do think of ideas as the days go by and jot them down but some mornings I draw a blank. I remember one morning laughing out loud at Anne's post when she had, um, writer's block (he he). So, this morning I looked through my photo gallery and looked around the house and came up with...nothing. I browsed through some of my past musings then I went to my dashboard to see what everyone else is blogging about. I then visited Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage who hosts a wonderful party herself ~ Transformation Thursday and decided to show you again how my handy honey transformed our fireplace. Here is the before that I showed you the other day when I blogged about Jake... Here is the after...
Jim built the mantel piece and I just painted the bricks. I found the two old shutters in a little shop along Route 6A on Cape Cod many years ago. I also transformed my blog header with a photo of the mantel...just with a few different accessories. More transformations around my house are popping into my head so I am looking forward to future fun at The Shabby Chic Cottage. I will share one more makeover that I did recently. Here is what my little table in the den looked like before...
And after...
I know I am being repetitive and that I already showed you the hydrangeas in my Mom's old crock before too (at Melinda's great Vintage Summer Monday party). It is an old original that looks just like the new repro crock in Pottery Barn. However the little bird is new, for me. Isn't he the sweetest little one! I put him in my Etsy shop but I think I am going to keep him for now. He was nesting on my mantle yesterday for a while... Well...thanks for stopping by today. Nothing really that new or exciting but like I said yesterday, sometimes a little change makes a big difference to me. Remember that tomorrow is Vintage Black Friday and I do have something new and exciting planned. Well maybe not that exciting but it is new! Have a wonderful day and go have some fun over at Gina's Transformation Thursday party!

12 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the after mantle! The bird is so adorable, I love it!

Rose said...

hey! you did good. i enjoyed the pics. we all at times have a "blank mind". it's ok don't stress. have a good day. rose

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

I just love the way your new mantel looks. It may just give me the boost I need to change mine ~ Im not brave enough to post my "before" though - its that awful:( Yup! Im gonna do it - Thanks!!!

Anne Lorys said...

Girl, I am SO out of ideas that it isn't even funny anymore! I don't pre-prepare my posts either, so I'm left just sitting there staring at the monitor too, many days.

I've started just getting up and saying "You know what? I'm not getting paid for this...my livelihood or well-being isn't dependent on whether I post today. Quit stressing about it!" And then I turn off the computer and go do something else.

Over time, this will surely result in my not posting as frequently, but at least the pressure will be off.

Having said all that, your mantle looks fantastic!

Hugs,
Anne

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

i love the fireplace and mantel, my hubby did the same for me. i also love the little bird! drop by my blog if you get a chance! cottageromance.blogspot.com i posted my fireplace yesterday for white wednesday.:) love ur blog, very pretty!

Sandy said...

Moving a few items around can make a huge difference.. wanted to say thank you for your visit today.. such sweet words!
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Debbiedoos said...

And you pulled together a good one...love the FP transformation. I am the same way regarding blog posts...I think it is better when they are spontaneous...works for me so far.

Victoria said...

I've been at a loss for blog posts too lately! It's hard coming up with things and my apartment is so small, there's only so much I can do!

I love your little bird and your fireplace looks gorgeous!

I just put my Show and Tell Friday post up (yes, I know it's Thursday) and I posted my own attempt at mod podging a little dress form. I was inspired by you...ok, I copied you! I hope that's ok to do! Anywho, mine didn't come out so well...it's too busy then I looked at yours and they look so neat and themed. So please don't laugh TOO hard at mine:)

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love your re done mantel and fireplace, the white is classic and chic. Love the soft blue accents with the white, very relaxing. I've only been blogging 2 months but I find not every post can be a grand slam. Post what you love, it shows in your writing!!

KimMalk said...

The changes look so nice. I really like the hydrangeas in the crock, and hadn't seen them before :).

Kirsty said...

Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog.

Nishant said...

I love your little bird and your fireplace looks gorgeous!
PPC Advertising India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails