Tuesday, April 6, 2010

paris hotel suite...

Springtime in Paris is something I dream about from my own room, or suite as I like to call it, that I try to feather with subtle touches of french inspired items and beautiful vintage furniture while keeping it all shabby and of course romantic...I have left my luggage right as you walk in the suite. Now it is not a true suite ~ it does not have a private bath (yet) but it does have a sitting area...This is one of my favorite tables. We were given an old sewing machine after we were first married and my husband made this table. We just recently painted it a warm white and I love it even more. My french inspired clock from HomeGoods nests in my $8 fabulous frame... I am not sure if you can see the little glass on the table above but among the beautiful etchings has on one side "L'Amour" and on the other "C'est la Vie". I bought this at Brimfield last year. Here let me move it so I can get a better photo... The vintage sewing machine table has a great little place to hold my small collection of one of my favorite magazines... I treated myself to this beautiful white chair and ottoman. You just sink right in...
Look at the subtle rose pattern...Beautiful burlap pillow wishing a good night... I would love to have dreamy white fluffy bedding but for now I am happy with my vintage chenille bed spread with pillow shams from Marshalls and two vintage white throw pillows that were my Moms... Now the "sitting room" I just showed you I think goes with my spring/summer bedding that I just put on. The rest of my suite goes better with my fall/winter bedding which gave me the inspiration for the wall color... I got this duvet cover with two shams on sale at Pottery Barn. By the time spring comes around I am tired of it and vow to not use it next year...we shall see. Our home is where Jim grew up and our bedroom was for him and his three brothers. I am lucky to have such a large room. Here is a good view as you enter the room... My little sitting area would be to your left. The two bureaus and the little chest in between were from my parents. I would love to paint them white! For now I am thinking of painting the little chest white and replacing the rocker with a white chair to bring more white to that side of the room. Let's take a peek at some of the details like this tres chic painting that was my Mom's... The gents are trying to get the ladies attention...I found this lovely bowl for $9.50...Wonderful old lace curtains from my Mom... My Mom's engagement photo and my collection of trinket dishes mixed in with sweet boxes from Michaels... Here is the chair I would love to replace... Then on the other side of my husband's bureau, which holds our flat screen that is not shabby or chic looking, is this little vignette where the collection of my other favorite magazine nests... As we leave my Paris Hotel Suite take a peek in the mirror ~ see the door ~ behind it I hope to have a master bathroom, someday!Linda at Coastal Charm is hosting another Nifty Thrifty Tuesday which I am joining to show off my frame and bowl. I am also going to join in on the fun at My Romantic Home where Cindy will be hosting Show and Tell on Friday. There are more photos, treasures and thrifty finds nested in my suite but I will save them for another day! Thank you for stopping by!

30 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

All the Paris stuff looks so romantic. I love the bowl you got! Be blessed. Cindy

Victoria said...

Your sitting area is gorgeous, I love your chair! When you showed the other side of the room with the dark furniture I thought hmmm, I wonder how long before it'll get painted white lol. Everything is beautiful, you have such a great eye for the perfect little details!

Jane said...

Your Paris Hotel Suite is a lovely place. Very calm and relaxing. You have so many wonderful pieces in the room. I love the sewing machine table (and I like it painted white). It's a beautiful space!
Jane

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

This is great - French is in my heart!

Is that bit of lace on the bottom of your bed a dust ruffle - it's gorgeous!

Tootles,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

anythinggoeshere said...

It is oh, so French! Lovely and peaceful. You did an amazing job of decorating. tres chic. {I don't speak French, but I think that is how you spell "tres"} I hope. xo Joan@anythinggoeshere

Sandi said...

I love all your white Sandi! And those suitcases are gorgeous! Did you paint them? I know people do, but I have never tried to. Happy Tuesday!!
Blessings~

Debbiedoos said...

So pretty!~ I wish I could do all white, but my home just is not set up for it....all boys black dog...oh it would be a mess:)!~ You singer sewing table is awesome, and I love the lace valance, so romantic!~

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

OOOHHH Tres chic!! What a pretty room. I really like the singer table painted white, but what really caught my eye was that comfy chair and ottoman!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Sandi...your suite is so sweet!! We have the same Paris dreams....{sigh}.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Oh my goodness - I love your suitcases! I love them in pink too!!! Heck, I love that entire room! Can I come for a short visit? I promise, I'm not messy! LOL =) Just beautiful!

Jeanine

The Floppy Cow said...

Hi Sandi,
Thank you for stopping by. What a dreamy room!

Sweet Sage said...

i LoVe EVERYTHING, Sandi!
The pretty pink suitcases would have to be my fAv, though .. soooo 'suite'! You are blessed to have such a nice BIG bedroom .. it's just LoVeLY! I'm veRy inspired!
~kim

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Hi Sandi ~ What a perfect retreat for you. Love it. I also love that glass from Brimfield~you know, it'll be here in a few short weeks. I already have the day off from work and the truck all cleaned out. C U there.

René said...

Your room is very pretty. I love the colors, and your sewing machine base caught my eye. I used to have one like it, but let it get away...phooey.

Andrea said...

Lots of pretty thingS~!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What lovely room you've created! The suitcases are so pretty and that bowl is just exquisite!

Manuela

Anne Lorys said...

Your sitting area looks like the sort of place I could get lost in! Perfect for perusing some of those wonderful magazines or just for a nap. :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Paris Hotel Suite with all of us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS!

Blessings,
Linda

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Oh, can I come and stay :) It looks lovely!
XO
Kristin

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I love all the french and vintage touches you have in your room it's so pretty.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

DreamgirlLisa said...

So pretty! Love the French inspired decor!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Boy everything looks wonderful. I think you did a great job decorating. Love all the touches. YOu have a lot of little extras here and there that I can tell you put a great deal of thought into. I love it when people take the extra time to put things together in a beautiful way~instead of just Generic! You did such a good job with all of it. And I like the bedding the way you have it!
Blessings,
Debbie

Angie Holden said...

Simply gorgeous!! I love that table and those suitcases!! Great job!

maureen said...

Hi Sandi, here goes something,----- my first blog,---- Sarah came out,walked me through this , now am on my way. lol Well, I love all of your site , you are blessed with the written word, the way you tell us your stories are just truly lovey and inviting.

The rocker in your bedroom I would paint white and shabby it add a lovely round cushion to the seat, maybe vintage print with the roses you love so much , the rocker has wonderful lines, it would look stunning that way.. And once you paint all the brown in their, you will be in a WonderLand of White and any thing you choose to add for color will just pop! I love your winter print, so soft, with warmth. I bet it is up lifting in the long winter months to see flowers!!! Can't wait to see more from you. Happy Hunting. Maureen

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

i really love your post and the photos.. especially the one with a frame clock on the wall.. reminds me of the same clock that I bid and won from eBay but much regret the seller didn't send it to me after accepting my payment.. kindda sad.. coz I really love the clock up to now.. and thanks for sharing this post.. have a great weekend!

Susan said...

I love all your dainty dishes. Your Paris suite is beautiful!!

the cape on the corner said...

i love your sitting area, with that chandelier above. i think you have decorated perfectly for your goal of parisian suite!

thanks so much for your kind words on my sunroom redo, and for stopping by the cape on the corner!

Olivia said...

Your home is darling! Oh so clean...do you have kids???? Love your white frame with sign in middle! Fabulous!! If you have time stop by...I am giving away a pretty teapot in April! Hugs,
Olivia
http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com/

Linda @ Painted Whyte said...

i'm taking a nice stroll through your lovely blog and had to stop and rest at this one - your suite is amazing - you are so lucky, its huge - i would love a sitting area like that but for now i will only dream about it. Can't wait to see more!!

Unknown said...

OH my gosh, I LOVE those suitcases!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails