Monday, June 7, 2010

sad faces made me happy...

Did this weekend fly by or what?! The weather here was not the best but I still managed to sneak in a yard sale and stopped by a consignment shop while I was camping in Plymouth this weekend. Would you like to take a peek at what I found... I think these are so sweet! I am guessing that they were doors to some kind of cabinet. Look at the blue gingham fabric inserts...

Only two have handles and the paint job is quite shabby. I know the ideas are swirling in your head too... The inserts are easily removed so today I think I will tuck them in around the nest here and there to see if they will stay or go to the shop. If they stay this may end up being my first sewing project ~ sorry ahead of time AJ for all the phone calls you might receive!! Here is a peek at what I found at the lone yard sale I went to ~ a beautiful Cornell pitcher adorned with gold roses... I have never seen one of these prints before. It must be from a series as this one is marked "November". Of course after I bought it I saw quite a few other months in the consignment shop (priced much, much higher than what I scored this for)... And here are the two sad faces that made me happy. How could this lovely young lady be sad when she is wearing the sweetest dress...
Look at this little one in the corner ~ do you think she got in trouble...
Too cute!! Well, that is what I found treasure hunting this weekend and I am sharing it all at Melinda's Vintage Summer Monday party over at Alabaster Rose Designs . Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I started my weekend with a fruity frozen drink with my girl Lisa which made me happy too (thanks girlfriend!)... Thanks for stopping by today and have a great week!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the doors you found and can't wait to see what idea you come up with for them. The pitcher and pictures are lovely too. I went to a couple of garage sales with my sister in Dallas this weekend. They weren't the best but it was fun looking!
Have a great week.
Jane

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Sandi,
Adorable finds, especially those doors with the gingham fabric. I love that comment about trying them at home and if they don't work, bringing them into the shop. I find such freedom in that now, don't you? We don't have to ever worry about making purchases. I've fallen in love with a piece, only to find it didn't work anywhere in my home and that just means it was meant for some other lovely dwelling! Enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

Lucky you on your finds! I haven't been to very many sales yet this year although I did see a junk pile along the road yesterday that I wanted to root through!! lol
Happy Monday!!
Blessings~

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Sweet little girl pictures, and I LOVE the pitcher!I hope you get to keep the shutters! Jacqueline

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

What great finds! I keep telling myself I have to get in the game!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi,
Happy Vintage Summer Monday's!! You found some great treasures! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great week ~ Jo :)

Victoria said...

Your doors are so lovely along with all your other finds! The pictures are precious, I think I've seen the little girl with the puppy one before. Yes, the weekend did fly by didn't it...but it always does.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Gorgeous, you really lucked out! Thanks for stopping by today!
XO

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

wow! You found so many great things. My girlfriend in NC has that last framed picture in her guest bedroom. So sweet! Time spent with a good friend over drinks is always a good way to start the weekend. Best wishes to you for the week ahead. :) Tammy

The Charm of Home said...

Nice Finds! Love the pitcher and the screen. Have a great week.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

You found some great treasures! And I luv the mirror in the first picture that is a nice pieace. Thanks for stopping by. Iam glad you liked the oil paintings. Have a good week....Julian

My Grama's Soul said...

Great treasures! Each time I visit......I know I am living in the wrong part of the country.

JO

Anne Lorys said...

Wow, you find pitchers like THAT at yard sales??? Our St. Vincent de Paul has two of them for...get this....$75 each. SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS! Are they smoking crack, or what???

Great finds! :-)

Have a wonderful week!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness,
I love those wonderful doors that you picked up!! It looks great in front of your fireplace for the summer. I also love all of the pictures you found. You really came upon some lovely treasures.
Thank you so much for joing the party, I love your blog and your wonderful posts! I'll be back with Vintage Summer Monday's in July sometime, once I'm settled into my new home.
Have a great week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Rose said...

love the children's pics. i'm partial to those type of pics. the picher is pretty. rose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails