Monday, February 6, 2012

treasure hunting finds...

Last Friday Jim and I went treasure hunting.
My mind was set on finding stuff for the white show.
I did pretty good and thought you might like to see what I brought home...



Loving this old chippy white farmhouse stool ...


Oh, and see that pretty little cherub lamp?
It is from the princess suite which will be getting a bit of a makeover.
I am hoping that there will be some progress by the end of the week for me to share with you.



I must say that I am happy with what I am gathering for the white show so far.

What was that?
Did I get something for myself you ask?
Well, I really did buy these next two treasures for the show.
Really I did!

But, you all know I have a weakness for vintage mirrors...

Those baskets in the reflection are part of the princess suite makeover.


Then, while cleaning up this old chamber pot I thought it would look great mixed in with my white pitchers...


And I was right...


Wouldn't you keep them too!

And, you would be proud of me.
Since I am keeping these two old beauties I actually went around my nest and found four pieces to bring into my booth!
Two in ~ four out!

Thanks for visiting ~ have a wonderful week!!

17 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

It's all SO beautiful! How can you sell ANY of it?! That cherub lamp is so sweet...I have a big weakness for vintage mirrors, too...and the one you just found is fabulous!

Hope your week is wonderful with all your pretty whites to work with!

Julie

Sandi said...

Loving your white finds Sandi! That cherub lamp is so sweet and I love that mirror!! I too have a weakness for mirrors and have several. I have a wall of mirrors in the living room that I really should change up, but I love them so they will stay even longer. :)
Hugs~

NanaDiana said...

Two IN...four OUT...now how could ANYONE (called husband) complain about that???? I love that mirror and that cherub lamp is so cute! xo Diana

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Everything you got looks so sensational together! LOVE that new chamber pot. I would have kept it too!

Unknown said...

So proud of you! I always say the joy of having a shop or booth is you can keep it for a while before you put it in the shop/booth. Love the little lamp and the chippy stool, I have a weekness for old stools.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the chamber pot! And can you believe I sold a mirror just like that for $5 at a garage sale many years ago?!

Robin Johnson said...

I admire your determination. I probably would have kept everything you've found. I adore the stool and I'm not sure if the hotel bell is a new find but I love, love, love it. I have a small collection of them (two total) and I am always on the lookout for more.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You did good! Love all your pretty whites and silver. I'm with you, when something stays...something has to go.

The Tablescaper said...

You did an amazing job with your finds.

- The Tablescaper

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love all your finds--it would be hard for me to ever give up anything!

awal.ny said...

I love all of your whites. Who could see all of that and not find a treasure for themselves.

Unknown said...

Great finds! Love the mirror. XO Cindy

Passionate for White said...

Great finds and I'll be you had fun in the process. Love the chippy stool!

michelle said...

SO beautiful! I love love that chippy stool. :)
xoxox

Debbie said...

Oh my....I seriously don't know how you let go of any of the treasures you find, Sandi. That mirror, and the cherub lamp would be staying with the other two pieces you kept.
xxoo

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Wonderful finds! I would definitely keep that mirror! I love vintage mirrors. And good for you getting rid of things when you keep things. I need to try that!
Michelle

Heaven's Walk said...

That would be my biggest problem if I had a shop/booth, Sandi. I'd want to keep everything I brought home to sell! :) I've had a thing for vintage tureens lately, so I'm swooning over your awesome chamber pot. :)

xoxo laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails