Wednesday, February 15, 2012

back to vintage whites...

I am so happy you all enjoyed sharing my pretty in pink dream post yesterday!
Today for White Wednesday, I am back to dreaming in vintage whites with the help of Joanna from Design Shuffle.
She has put together a dreamy post full of vintage whites for me to share with you beginning with inspiration from my friend Sandy from My Shabby Streamside Studio.
Don't forget ~ another one of Sandy's beautiful mirrors is for sale in my booth! 
Take it away Joanna...

Hello. I’m Joanna, a writer for Design Shuffle, a premier online portal centered around interior designers and their work and design enthusiasts' interests. I stumbled across A Cottage Muse recently and fell in love with the theme of “vintage white.” Thanks for letting me share some of my favorite chippy white pieces with you today! Chipped white paint on wood and wrought iron makes for a romantic element indoors and out. Think weathered and rustic dining suites, iron daybeds and ornate mirrors. Distressed white paint is often related to the shabby chic style. Following are a few of my favorite pieces along with decorating ideas for using them.

Chippy White

A tiny gingerbread house is the perfect space for shabby chic furnishings such as this tall mirror and rustic Victorian shelf.

Chippy White

Interior doors add a nostalgic touch when left with white chipping paint and patinaed door hardware.

Chippy White

A distressed, rustic kitchen table is accompanied by rustic seating and a built in china hutch.

Chippy White

Another rustic kitchen table and lovely chippy white side chairs make for a romantic eat-in kitchen.

Chippy White

What’s not to love about this incredible bedroom design? The columns and ceiling, in a rustic finish, inspire many decorating ideas.

Chippy White

A weathered white fireplace mantel is a lovely element in a shabby chic room. The mantel would look beautiful as a headboard as well.

Chippy White

Chipped white paint can give a romantic element to wrought iron pieces outdoors. Love this daybed!

Chippy White

Weathered cabinets accompany an apron sink for storage and a place to keep toiletries. We don't often see such a wonderfully large sink in bathroom designs. The tiny windows with molding are adorable.

Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

What are your thoughts on shabby chic styling? Don't forget to check out Design Shuffle and get great inspiration from the top Boston interior designers, San Francisco interior designers and others!


Thank you so much Joanna! 

I am in love with that outdoor space and am kicking myself for passing on an old iron daybed that recently sold at the shop!

Thank you to Kathleen for hosting White Wednesday!

Most of all, thank you all for visiting today.
I have a little surprise on Friday...see you then!!

26 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I like Shabby Chic as long as it doesn't become too sweet. Mixing in some natural textures helps, along with just a touch of dark wood or a bit of black. Too much pink or pastel and it borders on looking like a little girl's playhouse. That's just my humble opinion. I love lots of white, though.

Unknown said...

This is my kind of shabby chic! I couldn't tell you which one is my favorite. Great post today Sandi, I needed some inspiration.

Tammy said...

Oh thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures that let me dream...ahhh
tammy

Sandi said...

Love all these beautiful whites Sandi!! I am pinning!! :)
Happy WW!!
xoxo

outjunking said...

I want to move in that bedroom with the columns. Oh my gosh, I mean who wouldn't love that room. not to mention all the rest of the pictures, something to inspire me for sure.
Lisa

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Thaaaaaaanks, Sandi! xoxoxo

Victoria said...

Oh goodness, what eye candy all that was!!! I am in love with the bedroom! Goooorgeous!

Anne said...

L-O-V-E it ALL.I just signed up on Linky follower.Can't wait to see Fridays surprise.

Seawashed said...

Beauty...every single one!

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Love that white ya know but I had to pop down and see your pretty in pink post because that sounded so interesting and it was! Both were just darling. Can't wait for Friday to see what you have up your sleeve!

Hugs,
Judy

VS said...

Lovin all the chippy, vintage white my friend & the photos are amazing!!! Thanks for motivating me to find some more WHITE on my next flea market excursion!!!
Smiles,
Susie

Eclectically Vintage said...

So glad you stopped by and left those great comment son my kitchen - glad I found you! Love chippy old things two and can't wait to see more!
Kelly

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Dreamy! And your pink post was fun! Give me some of those cupcakes and champagne! Happy day to you. Tammy

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

Lots of FaB "ChiPPy-Sightings"...
Jeanine Burkhardt

Anonymous said...

I just love this look, I must redo my kitchen after this post.
Stunning Sandi.
Hugs Rosemary...xox

Heaven's Walk said...

If it's white....I'm all over it, Sandi! lol! Love these photos, especially seeing the white against the rustic. I agree with Jennifer, too. I'm not drawn to the real frilly/fluffy/pinky type of Shabby Chic look. I need to mix the soft with the rustic. That always makes my heart sing! :)

xoxo laurie

Stella said...

I am especially loving that bathroom with the big sink and side cabinets. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Oh great...now I'll be sitting here scrolling up and down through these pictures for the next hour or two...seriously!!!
LOVE every single photo, Sandi.
Thank you for sharing such a great post today...sigh.
xxxooo

Jane said...

Vintage whites at their best. Beautiful photos and inspiration!!
Jane

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

The kitchen is my favorite image. I have that same one pinned at Pinterest. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great night
~Cheryl

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love Shabby Chic! These images were awesome

Jen Kershner said...

All that beauty in one post- I can hardly stand it!

Passionate for White said...

So many of my favorites all in one post...YEAH!!!

June said...

So much of everything I adore Sandi!!! Beautiful images today! I also LOVED your dreamy pink post from Valentine's day!!!! I hope yours was awesome.
hugs from here...

Cindy said...

Wow, what a treat that was... I love the kitchen with the chippy table and chandelier with pink shades... and oh my, that big ole sink in the bathroom... wonderful. Thanks, that was fun!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. I really like this post and I have also been so inspired by Sandy's streamside studio. I have a tiny 8 x 24' tiny house that I did up all romantic and shabby. Thanks for the added inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails