Tuesday, February 21, 2012

suite departures...

I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend!
I want to say thank you for all the wonderful comments that were left on my last post ~ you are all so sweet!
I am still celebrating!

It has been no secret that I have wanted to do a mini makeover in the princess suite.
Of course I wanted the room to stay clean for a while so I could actually tackle the project.
That never seemed to happen (hey, I'm keeping it real!).

Then, I finally realized that the furniture that was in the princess suite was actually making it hard for her to keep it clean!
She needed more drawer space so we went to Ikea and purchased a few bureaus for her room.
The princess and I love Ikea and we had a fun day shopping together!
The room is still a work in progress and I hope to share it with you soon.

For now I will show you what has departed the suite.
This lingerie chest is now patiently waiting for the white show at the shop...


The old cupboard is waiting for my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint makeover (yes, I finally bought some) and the vintage vanity has been safely stored in the attic for her very own first nest...


This old beauty is in my booth at the shop right now...


Just waiting for the next princess...


A few other small pieces have left her room as well, all headed for the white show.
To take a peek at the original princess suite post click here.

Oh, and speaking again of my last post ~ have you entered my giveaway?
It ends today at midnight!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

10 comments:

Anne said...

What a sweet piece.Love those sweet roses.Can't wait to see that cupboard makeover.

Polly said...

oh my, that lingerie chest needs to come live at my house!! i bet you girls had fun at IKEA! can't wait to see her new digs!!

hugs

polly

Sandi said...

I love that lingerie chest Sandi! You can just pop it into a flat rate priority box and ship it my way! LOL If only...:) That would be one huge box huh?
xoxo

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love that princess chest of drawers!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to reveal my girls bedroom makeover soon, too! Just getting her to keep it clean enough to snap a few photos...now, there's the challenge! Much love, Lisa

Victoria said...

I agree with the others, the lingerie chest is beautiful! How fun that you and your girly went shopping together...I don't think I could drag my boys into any of my favorite stores!!! Well, Kyran I can but not my kids:)

NanaDiana said...

Someone is going to love having those pieces in their own home. I can't wait to see the Princess room all redone- xo Diana

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Charming piece you have in your booth...sure it will go FAST!!! Oh yes...I have entered the giveaway:)

Blessings,
Linda

Gracie's Cottage said...

It's all so delicious Sandi! I love Ikea too...can't wait to see the "new" room all done up!

Jan

Debbie said...

Looks like you will be busy doing the room over, Sandi.
I love all the pieces you've moved, and are going to paint.
xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails