Tuesday, September 14, 2010

feathering my booth for the fall...

Hello everyone ~ I hope your week is off to a great start! I had a nice start to my week as I spent most of yesterday morning at the shop, tidying up my booth as well as rearranging it a bit. I brought in a fabulous new piece as well as adding some items for the fall and Halloween. I was in bright and early and while the lighting was not the best (heck, the photographer is not the best) I thought I would share with you some new vignettes. I have been seeing items for Halloween out since August so I thought it was time to feather my booth for the fall...I have been trying to warm up my space for the fall by keeping some furniture as found and not painting it white. I also have been hunting for some old rusting and industrial looking treasures to add as well. I actually found one yesterday on my way home but I think it is a keeper! Since my booth is totally shabby I thought I should stay pretty neutral when it came to adding in Halloween. Let's take a closer look... I knew I could use these wonderful old books I found yard saleing to give my display some height and the colors are just perfect... How fabulous are these old candle holders... I am loving the vintage flinch card packages too ~ the numbers go to 15 but I display unlucky 13! I also added tags which I found on Etsy to just about every item. I filled a little apothecary jar with black, cream and orange buttons and added a tag... I also filled some old canning jars and tagged them too...
I found the cute Halloween Bingo cards on Etsy and the champagne corks...well...let's just say I totally enjoyed my summer (thanks girls)!! Moving on ~ I filled a garden pot left over from the shop porch (which has a wonderful new look for the fall) with some vintage spoons and thought they might be good spell stirrers...I mixed in some vintage mushroom Pyrex bowls with some old metal and silver trays and made some more letter packets... I made another small display ~ I picked up those sweet vintage inspired postcards on Etsy too... I love the color of the silent butler ~ I found this at one of my favorite thrift shops for a song... Of course this old black clock fits in perfectly... I had fun thrifting for pieces for these displays so I am linking up with Linda over at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday. I took a few shabby pieces home to make room for all this and thought I would put them in my Etsy Shop and link up with Stefanie over at Rose Petals and Rust for her Tuesday Treasures...
I am happy to say the sweet little heart dish sold already! Well, thanks for stopping by today,
I know I mentioned that I put a fabulous new piece in my booth too but I am saving that for tomorrow. Stay tuned...

20 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dear Cottage Muse,

Oh my; I'm not ready for Halloween yet! Here the weather is still very summery... Your display looks the part though, you are all set for it!

Sunny greetings from Georgia,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Your booth looks wonderful !!
I love how you have everything displayed
and i love the sweet tags !

Thank you for showing us ~

xoxo
Lori

Olivia said...

Oh my I love these beautiful Shabby Rose designs. Your Halloween booth is spooktaculus.
Hugs,
Olivia

Polly said...

Ohmigosh, it all looks wonderful!! Great finds and wonderful handmade accents! I love the flinch cards....great idea to display the "13" during this time of year!!

Have a good week!

xo

Polly

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS party and sharing your booth with us...love all your wonderful displays...you really have some neat old cards...they add so much POP!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Sandi said...

Your booth looks amazing Sandi!! I need some furniture pieces for mine, but haven't found any yet. Happy day!
Blessings~

Jane said...

Your booth looks fabulous. I love all the subtle touches of Halloween. I have a couple boxes of Flinch cards and you have inspired me to get out the "13" and use in my home display. Thanks!!
Jane

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

your booth looks fabulous! Where is it? I think you are a fellow Massachusetts girl... right?:)

Passionate for White said...

Oh boy...looks like I need to make a trip to the WCS real soon to grab up some of your goodies!

Okie Chic said...

It looks great and soo fun.

stefanie said...

your booth is amazing, what great ideas!!!!! I need to go fluff up mine, hahaha, before the season is over!!
thanks for linking up!

NanaDiana said...

It looks wonderful! Your booth is fantastic..and I love those little tags you found to hang on everything. Hmmm...I'd come visit but I think MyHero wouldn' appreciate the airfare! Diana

Unknown said...

your display is just awesome! I would spend an hour just oohing and aahing and trying to take it all in! And then i would BUY it all! LOL!

Biljana said...

Wonderful post:)) Thanks for sharing:)
Greetings from Europe, Biljana

Unknown said...

How fun! I miss my booth...I used to have one at our antique mall. Your booth is the kind I like to hang out in and oogle!
Mary

AnthonyRose'sShabHome said...

Looks great Sandi Hope I can get in there soon!! never enough time

bj said...

Oh, Muse...you have some of the bestest stuff and BESTEST ideas! I would LOVE to go shopping at your booth.
Let me see if you have an ETSY shop..hope hope hope....

bj said...

O, and just wondered if you knew you have word verif. on?? :)

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

awe...I love love LOVE all of your Halloween feathering...It's my favorite time of the year :)
Those tags are so cute girl, you are so creative! Come over and decorate my house please!

Andrea said...

So sweet, I just love all your treasures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails