Tuesday, September 16, 2014

den makeover reveal...finally...

This beautiful old frame finally made me get my act together and take some photos of my recently made over den...


I just love the finish ~ white, grey, a hint of pale blue with some dark wax imperfectly applied...


It's been leaning here and there in the room waiting for me to decide if I wanted to keep it or bring it in the shop.
I'm so glad I kept it...




Of course it would work in one of my favorite spots in my home...


Don't they say that if you buy what you love, the pieces will work together?


I love the way all my vintage whites pop against my grey walls now...



There are still a few things left to do (like paint the front of the keyboard drawer on the desk) and I would like to find something to hang over the desk (like a really cool vintage sign)...


Oh and do something with all those computer wires!  Jim used the last of the salvage wood he found by the side of the road and made a "door" to lean in the corner to help with that.  I would like to put something on the floor in front of it (any suggestions?) and I am thinking about hanging my favorite vintage mirror that started my mirror collection on it...



I love that Jim repurposed the desk with salvage wood and I also love the old desk chair I found junkin' this summer down in Plymouth...



The other side of the room holds the biggest changes in the room.  I changed out the mantel mirror for an old beauty I had been coveting at the shop for a while...


I also changed out the love seat I had there with two chairs from Target as well as new pillows from Pier One...


I am still using my Mom's table that I shared with you in a sneak peek last month...




Here is the room looking in from the living room...




I am very happy with the way the room turned out!

I am in the home stretch of getting ready for the Wrentham Country Store's annual Vintage Fall Market Weekend so I promise to share the living room reveal after the show.
And, you know I'll do a post or two on the show itself!
For now, here is a little peek into the living room...


Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Joining Betsy at My Salvaged Treasures for her

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the wood "door" and the pops of blue!

Seawashed said...

It has turned out beautifully. The grey walls bring a softness to your home and I like how the decor you have chosen lets the rooms flow into each other with ease and comfort. Your color palette so peaceful. I like your pillows from Pier One...always a favorite place to shop in Autumn.

Burlap Luxe said...

It's so fun to visit your makeovers, revealing the latest. Be it newly painted walls, rearranging pieces or a full on make over. Love your mix of rustic, modern, and traditional pieces all tie in a pretty little bundel.

I love the blue wash of grey as your back drop that stages your creative pieces.

See you soon

Xx
Dore

Tete said...

I love your den. Every piece of it. I hate those old wires, too...its hard hiding them. I use small tri-folds and old crates. Anything that makes them go away. I do use those plastic pull ties to keep them tidy and that does help.

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Absolutely Sandi, furnish your house with meaningful things you adore and your home will reflect beauty and love back to you. I love the pair of cream chairs with the pretty soft blue velvet pillows. You den looks so pretty.
Enjoyed this post!

chateau chic said...

Your room came together so nicely, Sandi! You're right...you never go wrong when buying things you love and can always find a great place for them. The frame is so pretty as is the beautiful mirror you brought home from your shop.
Mary Alice

Faye said...

It looks beautiful Sandi! At least you have accomplished something! I feel like I'm still plugging along with all of my stuff and it's moving way too slow for me!
Faye

Blondie's Journal said...

These is such a beautiful, serene room with the soft colors...the darker woods keep it interesting. You did a really great job...I know you must be loving it! :)

Jane xx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love what you've done with the room, Sandi! Lovely, restful colors!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

So soft and fresh. Everything looks so beautiful, Sandi!

I've been thinking about painting the walls in our tiny cottage gray. Your home is pure eye-candy. :)

Have a happy one,
Lin

Jean Bee said...

I have an old shutter propped against the wall in front of my cords!

Pat said...

Sandi,
This room is truly, a work of heART, dear friend!!! I adore your choice of paint hue! The seating area has to be my favorite. Love the chairs and those lumbar pillows!!!
I agree, whole heartily that the mirror needed to be in your home! Exquisite!!!
You are such a tease with your glimpses. . .and I L O V E it!!!
See you soon!!!
Much $uccess on your upcoming event!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Curtains in My Tree said...

All your work has definitely paid off it looks so great
love the oval painted frame
well I like it all

Okio B Designs said...

I love the gray and of course that frame! I'm still waiting for my hubby to paint our livingroom gray and after seeing your photos, I can't WAIT!

Jeanine

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Sandi,
It looks so great. I love every part of the room. I think a cool vintage sign over the desk will be awesome. I hope you take lots of pictures of the fall market. Oh how I wish I could come. I am going to try and make a trip for the White show in the Spring.
Kris

Ivy and Elephants said...

It is just perfect, Sandi! Your vintage pieces just pop with the new color.
Great job!
Hugs,
Patti

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love all your pretty things--and you did a great job putting them together! Enjoyed the peek at the living room--can't wait to see more ;)

Bente said...

This is a beautiful room, Sandi. Love the frame and the table.

Hugs from here

must love junk said...

Sandi, love how you pulled together all the pretty vintage 'whites'! I love the gray walls-such a pretty room!
Susan

Robin Johnson said...


What a beautiful room. The wall color if fabulous and so are all your displays. Love the combo of rustic and pretty with a splash of modern. Looks fantastic.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Everything about this room is absolutely stunning! What a great idea to use the salvaged boards to hide the cord clutter. A mirror or a combination of pretty things would be perfect hung on the door. Thanks Sandi for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Debbie said...

The soft blue of the pillows makes me swoon! I just ordered one of those glass drying racks!! lol
I love how you are using it for your collection of insulators, Sandi!
The room looks wonderful all put together!!! great job!
I am LOVING the frame on the living room wall...and I mean, loving it, girl!
Anxious to see that room, as well.
Have a nice weekend, dear friend.
Debbie
xxoo

Sandi said...

What a lovely makeover Sandi. I understand about those pesky computer cords. lol Luckily my computer desk is big enough to hide them. ha!
Blessings and Happy Fall!!

Joy Junktion said...

Really nice make over, I love the grey walls! I'm sure you will find just the perfect piece for over your desk! Blessings, Cindy

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Just so lovely! The side chairs are gorgeous, too!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Love, love, love this den makeover Sandi! Did you know Fifi is coming back to New England in October? Michelle told me. Better get her over to your house!
(I am drooling over that oval frame)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails