Wednesday, May 23, 2012

inspired...

In the middle of spring cleaning my nest, I started playing around and made some new vignettes here and there.

I started with my mantel.
Here is what it has looked like for a few years...


I am not kidding when I say a few years (this photo is from 2010!).
When the seasons changed and for holidays I would add a few treasures, but the mirror and the vignettes on each side stayed the same.

I was inspired by the zinc pots I picked up in Brimfield, as well as all the beauty I see in the Jeanne d'Arc Living magazines.
This is what I put together...


I love the vignette on the left...



I love the mirror in the middle...



I love the vignette on the right...




I love it all!!



Besides the zinc pots and the container (from Decor Steals) holding my last bloom from Mother's Day (which should dry perfectly), I used pieces I already had!

I have more new vignettes to show you (and I have some empty spaces too) but I will save those for another post.

I am sharing with Kathleen for White Wednesday, where I am always inspired!

Thank you for stopping by!

23 comments:

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

I love your mantel also!! You did a beautiful job. Di

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love your mantel! You are making me want to redo mine because it is a little too crowded :)

trash talk said...

Clean and fresh looking. I second that emotion!
Deb

Susie said...

Sandi, Your mantel looks so nice . You are doing great. Smiles, Susie

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I love your mantel, too, Sandi! Those zinc pots look perfect there and it all looks so JDL. Glad to see your blogger's block is gone & you're having fun changing things up. Happy WW my friend!

Robin Johnson said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful. I love the framed mirror and your new zinc pots are fabulous. They add the perfect touch of rustic to the mantel.

Sandi said...

I love what you did to your mantel Sandi!! We sound a lot alike. When I get something arranged that I really like I tend to leave it that way for quite awhile. {or I am just too lazy to change it, but shhh}
Hugs~

All Things Chic 2 said...

I love it all too...
All the white is stunning...
Great job...
Blessings Lori ~

Cindy said...

I love it too, it's all beautiful, very Jeanne d'Arc for sure...

Cindy

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Yes and I love it too!! Isn't it fun to change things around...what a buzz! x00x

vikki said...

You did a wonderful job on your mantel, love it.

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautifully done, Sandi! I'm loving your new mantel vignette! Clean, neat, airy, and very summery!

xoxo laurie

NanaDiana said...

Sandi- It is really lovely. It is fresh looking and sweet. I love it! xo Diana

andrea@townandprairie said...

The contrasting textures create a beautiful white on white display. Beautiful!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your mantle--loving all your mirrors too. I love mirrors--though I hate looking in them:)

wandalee said...

Love it all Sandi - you have inspired me to finally paint a favorite mirror of mine white! (been meaning to for awhile but today is the day!) ...especially like the left vignette too :-)

Wanda in NH

BECKY said...

It looks lovely Sandi! Love each element, and how you styled them!! I know you'll enjoy it for quite awhile!!

Have a great Friday and weekend!!
Blessings,
Becky

thistlewoodfarm said...

When I first saw the picture.....I thought it was your inspiration picture it's so pretty :) Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration today!

blessings,
karianne

awal.ny said...

The mantel looks great, I like the three mirrors. It is easy to get into a mantel rut. I have not changed mine since after Valentines day. Why bother it when it is good enough. I'd rather be outside.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love the new look! I tend to leave arrangements that I like a long time too! Or maybe I just leave them. haha. This makes me want to use some mirrors too. Lovely!

Biljana said...

Beautiful mantel, so inspired photos:-) Hugs, Biljana

The Old Dairy said...

I don't think you can spring clean without moving things around..It all looks great.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous, dreamy post! Your home is sooo gorgeous and inspiring!
Hugs,
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails