Friday, May 11, 2012

brimfield 2012...

Well, I made it to Brimfield and saw some gorgeous stuff!
Take a peek at this booth (I never got their names but they were a nice couple from Maryland)...





I would have loved this headboard for my Paris Hotel Suite...


But it was so expensive!
I thought the prices were very high throughout the fields (my husband was in shock)!

Corabelle Rose's space is always a treat to walk through...


There were lots of letters to be found.
I really wanted some of these...


We were there by 8 am and despite the weather it was very, very crowded.  As we walked through many booths there were piles of items in the corners with sold tags on them like this wonderful old sign in Jackie's Bliss Farm Antiques booth...


I did not get as many photos as I would have liked.
Lots of vendors said no when I asked to take a picture and the weather was a bit on the drizzly side too.
Sometimes I just got lost in thought as I wandered around.
Then as I left a field and was walking down the main road I could not believe my eyes.  Rachel Ashwell was walking toward me!
I was absolutely star struck!
I said "Hi Rachel!!" ~ she looked around to see who spoke and then she said in her wonderful British accent with a smile, "Oh, Hello!".
I kept walking with my heart beating so fast and turned to Jim who had the biggest smile on his face and then he asked why I didn't ask for a photo!
I was just so caught off guard that I did not even think of it.
It was a true pixie dust moment for me!

Jim and I met up with Mary Ellen for lunch and then hit a few more fields together afterwards.
As we were walking Mary Ellen noticed Bronson Pinchot!!
I was not going to let this opportunity pass me by...



He and his crew were so friendly and funny!  They told us they were currently filming the first episode of their second season of The Bronson Pinchot Project right in Brimfield!


Mary Ellen and I were like giddy school girls for the rest of the afternoon!

I did manage to find a few treasures to bring home with me like this beautiful old portrait from the 70s...



A few pieces to satisfy my industrial craving...



Not sure what I am going to do with these yet...



I love this old mirror frame and might add some screening and make an earring holder for Jaclyn...


These are my favorite finds...


Sweet little french book...


Love the cover of this arithmetic book...


And a few old zinc pots...


Last but not least are these old fence tops...



Personally this is not a venue for this shop girl to find many things to add to her booth.  It is rather a place to find something for myself.
Although we did see a booth or two with a few treasures from The Wrentham Country Store for sale!
They know where to get some vintage goodies at a great price!

I am sharing my Brimfield adventure with Debra for 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for visiting!

I almost forgot...congratulations to Sandy from For The Love Of White ~ email me your address and I can mail off your copy of Romantic Prairie magazine!

27 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Quite an adventure, I'd say! Now you just have to find that same headboard at a garage sale and make your dreams come true.

awal.ny said...

How fun. I would love to go to that show. I am hoping to venture out this year and try to get to a few new antique shops that I have never visited. Thanks for sharing your fun, I just love the clips I have seen of the Bronson Pinchot show.

Susie said...

Sandi, You are so cute .I saw your stylish boots:):) I've seen a couple episodes of Bronson's show.I once had my picture taken with Matt Fox and Sherry Hiller, from HGTV 's room by room. We just can't help ourselves .Smiles, Susie

Rustic Vintage Country said...

ooooo, drool! x

Unknown said...

Sandi, I almost made to that show this year but after long talks with my husband decided not to. What a little shop owner from Texas will find in a venue like that? The prices in this shows keep going up and then in you have to factor the cost of getting there. Honestly, it is a feast for the eyes but some shops carry stuff just as beautiful for a portion of the cost so this days I'm paying retail at the shops for the really great pieces. At least is local and I feel like I'm helping the fellow small business owners. Looks beautiful tough and it looks like a great celebrity fix place too. I love the shows, just can't afford them anymore. Glad you have a great time and found some cool stuff. What is with people not allowing pictures? I don't get that one, I guess is their prerogative. Blessings, Marta.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Gorgeous stuff! Wish I could've been there, except I would've walked away penniless! But at least I'd have some cool things.

Sandi said...

You sure found some amazing goodies Sandi!!! SO COOL that you met Bronson! I saw his show for the first time when I was in the hospital and LOVED IT!!!!! {no cable here at home} I could watch that show every day. hee hee
Blessings~

d e l i g h t said...

What a great experience to see Rachel and the booths look like fabulous stuff. You found some wonderful items. I have a screen just like the two with an oval rose in the middle. Have never known what they were but someone told me they were for a fireplace. Glad you had a good time!

foreverdecorating said...

I love, love Bronson's show and try never to miss it. Looks like you not only saw a bunch of eye candy but scored some good buys.

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a fun trip, Sandi. I'm thinking that a couple of those chairs would have had to come live with me! Lucky you meeting BP, he must be a riot!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I went too and saw Bronson. I didn't get a photo though, he looked like he was busy. Your photos are great. I am going to post some too. Glad you had a fun time.
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos. So many great items. Love your finds.

Myric said...

Oh my gosh! Everything looks so gorgeous! I can't get enough of that couch on the first picture. So dreamy :)

There is a link party going on in my blog today. I would LOVE for you to share this :)
http://myricandreasen.blogspot.com/2012/05/link-party-and-give-away.html

xoxo
Myric

Seawashed said...

Well I think you got some great photos to share with us. I was Oohing and Aahing at all those chairs in the first photos but wondering how expensive they are and then you said...it was expensive. sigh. I figured it probably is. But what fun to walk around and even see some inspiring people we all love. Thanks for sharing. ox

NanaDiana said...

What great fun you had. Too bad so much of the stuff was so pricey. At least you found several nice things to tote home.

It is fun just to walk around places like that though to see what is out there and to get the ideas.

I hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day. xo Diana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

WOW Sandi, you had some terrific celebrity sightings! I think I would have fainted if I saw Rachel Ashwell in person. Bronson Pinchot is hilarious, too.
You found some great treasures and I love those pics of that first booth - tres French! So glad your man could join you. I wish mine would want to take a drive down to Brimfield some day...just maybe. :)

Faye said...

I can tell you had a blast! I bet that architectural piece in that 2nd picture was a pretty penny! I'm looking for a frame about the size of your blue one. Some day I'll find it!!! Thanks for sharing!
Faye

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Just lookit how cotton pickin cute you are! FUN FUN FUN! And Rachel too! I would have been the same way. except maybe forget to even say hi! haha! Love the zinc buckets!

Tutti Chic said...

Love your finds,love that you saw rachel ashwell & love the pic with bronson p.! you had a great day sandi-:) chris p.s. I was too busy & too tired from our barn sale last week to make it to brimfield & it killed me! :)happy mothers day!!!

LizlovesVintage said...

Nice finds!! I wanted to go so badly but, it didn't work out as planned. So many things going on right now :(
Family comes first. Anyway, have a wonderful weekend!!
xxx Liz
PS. LOVE those zinc pots!!

Sherry Hicks said...

Gosh looks like alot of fun, you captured some awesome pics and how cool about the filming!!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Sherry

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh dear sweet friend I so wish I could have been at the show! and how I LOVE B.P the Bronson Pinchot show. Every time I would see a diy project of his I would tell my daughter that I want to marry him :) I wish I were kidding, but I'm NOT :)

Thank you for sharing your comment about my Target lamp find, it really does set a tone of Patina style to my homes decor.
come visit soon, I just finished a buffet and china hutch and will be posting it :)

Have a Beautiful Mothers Day.
xoxo
Dore

marcela cavaglieri said...

Hi Boot Sister!! Aren't they great? I get so many compliments every time I wear them, I just hope some day I can take them to Brimfield too!!! Thank you for your visit and comment!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Sandi,
You would think that we were at different places! Well, I guess we were there different days...Your photos show some amazing things that I totally missed. I saw film crews too...and took a picture or two but have no idea who "the star" was! I am jealous of your brushes with fame...love both Rachel and Bronson! I stayed at a B & B with a 29 year old designer from Manhattan who thought the prices were amazing and filled two trucks with items for clients as well as herself. (That was amusing...lol) It was an adventure and I did pick up some little goodies! Next time...we will have to meet up! :)

Debbie said...

Holy moly! Sounds like a wonderful day to me, Sandi!
What awesome furniture! That headboard was gorgeous, but I hate to imagine the price tag on that piece.
You found some great stuff....I especially love those zinc pots.
Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.
xxxooo

Art and Sand said...

I love the color of the green cubby hole drawer. I have one in white and I store art supplies in it.

Karena said...

Sandy great finds, and what an exciting show!! I will have to attend one of these days!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails