Monday, November 3, 2014

road trip...

I recently took a junkin' road trip with my friend Karen who is also a vendor at the shop.
In between all the laughs, I managed to take some photos of some wonderful shops.

Our first stop was Counting Sheep Antiques.
Sorry I didn't take an outside photo...I was just so mesmerized by the charm of this old barn and it continued as I walked through the door...


This beautiful old sign caught my eye...I would love to put it in my den over our computer!

This booth had lots of industrial treasures...


I loved all the warm, worn wood tones in this space...


I also loved this french inspired booth and the sweet blue table...


My friend Gayle also has a beautiful space here.  I took the oval frame home with me...


Our next stop was The Vintage Retriever, look how cute their store front is...


This shop has a perfect blend of wholesale items mixed in with vintage treasures...


I know...you love the old map too!  I didn't take that home but I did take home one of the old auction paddles, #22 for the day Jim and I got married!

I really wanted to take this old demi john home...it was the perfect shade of imperfect grey...


I also loved the sign behind the checkout counter, done by the owner...


The attention to detail was amazing here and I love how she painted the old floors...


Our last stop was Crompton Collective.  The have a cool space full of vintage clothing.  I loved their sign...


Oh, and another piece I just loved that would be a perfect desk in my studio...


I sure hope Jim reads this post...soon.

They had lots of old industrial pieces that I seem to gravitate toward lately...



Have you taken any junkin' road trips lately?

Thank you Karen for a fun day and thank you for stopping by!

Don't forget to follow along with me on Facebook and Instagram!

16 comments:

Sandi said...

I haven't been junking in a long time! I think I need to remedy that! Lol. Looks like a fun day!!
Hugs~

NanaDiana said...

No junking trips for me lately. I am living vicariously through other bloggers- Like YOU! lol Love those shops. Wow. That paddle is a cute idea! xo Diana

Seawashed said...

Looks fun! I have not been junkin be ause I have enough in my own garage that I am trying to declutter!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Sandi what a fun junkin day. Love all the wonderful treasures you showed. That Antique Shop sign oh my!!!! Love the oval frame you got too. I bet your heart was beating just a little bit harder when you went into these wonderful shops.
Kris

Pat said...

Sandi,
What a wonderful "Road Trip"!!!
I've taken a few virtual road trips, thanks to my wonderful blog friends, with "Mr. Ed's" illness.
I'm thrilled at your oval frame purchase!!! Great find!!! When I read your auction paddle number choice, I went "ah~h~h". . .so~o~o romantic!!!
Thank you for allowing me to see these amazing shops through your eyes, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

All great looking places, Sandi. I see a few things I would have loved to get myself.

trash talk said...

Thanks for taking me along. I saw several things that would put a hole in my pocketbook, beginning with "your" desk and ending with the wine sign!
Deb

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wonderful eye candy in this post, Sandi...looks like a fabulous day!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Sandi,
Thanks for showing us all the wonderful junkiń shops you went to and making us drool over! The Oval frame is really pretty, loved all your picks and many more. I too like industrial, it adds interest and contrast into ones home mix. In answer to your gone junkiń question, have plans to this weekend :-)
xo,
Vera

Unknown said...

oh wow...very cool!! (I hope susan and i see you at the holiday jubilee this weekend!)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it all, so much eye candy. I'm drooling over that tall painted cabinet with all the drawers.

Carol said...

Wow, what a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with me. So many treasures

Smiles,
Carol

Joy Junktion said...

Junkin' trips are just so much fun and it looks like you had a great time! Sometimes, I don't even need to purchase, it's just fun to browse and laugh! Enjoy the next one! Blessings, Cindy

Sue said...

I love the for sale sign!! Wish I lived closer so it could be mine!

Take care, Sue

June said...

I love that old barn full of great treasures Sandi! I really loved those hydrangeas and burlap creations in the 3 photo down. WoW! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a good time. and thank you for sharing these wonderful photos.
hugs...

Debbie said...

The oval frame you took home is perfect for you, Sandi! I love it!!
So many neat things. Loved seeing the French booth. Glad you had a good time with your friend. That's what it's all about.
Debbie
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails