Friday, January 11, 2013

a visit with Mary Ellen...

Happy Friday!

A few weeks ago, Jim and I were invited to join Mary Ellen and her husband Ray for a night in at their home.
I was looking forward to spending time with them but I was looking forward even more to seeing her living room and office, which were recently given a makeover.

She hired Kathy and Erin of Inspirational Home Design, who to me, were given a dream job as they had access to Mary Ellen's stash of treasures.

I wish I took more photos and I wish they came out a bit better.
(I also should have taken them before I started drinking some Skinny Girl!)

Come on in and take a peek...


Love the two different pieces she uses as end tables to the couch...


Oh and see the pretty lamp...those are the ones from the estate sale I told you about.  She just changed out the shades.


I love this little desk that is in the corner to your left when you walk  through the french door into the room...





Mary Ellen bought this wonderful old tin piece from me...I think it looks much better in her house.  They attached it to some old shutters and it hangs over their television...


And look at this comfy love seat to watch TV from...


I joked when I first arrived that I was glad I brought a big pocketbook in case I saw some beautiful treasures I had to have.
Unfortunately, it was not big enough to sneak this treasure out...


Beautiful old wings from a broken garden statue...sigh!

The living room opens up to their home office...


Her wonderful old dress form greets you as you enter...


There are so many fabulous details...






Lots of storage...




I love how they slip covered a run of the mill office chair...


Every room needs a little unexpected touch...


Jim and I had a wonderful time and I left feeling very inspired.

Almost all the pieces in these rooms were pieces that Mary Ellen already had in the room or around the house or in her shed.
She really has a great eye as you can see here and at the shop!

Speaking of the shop, the Wrentham Country Store was named a reader favorite AGAIN in Flea Market Style's Wedding issue!!


Congrats to Mary Ellen and all my fellow Shop Girls, and a big thank you at all our customers!!
The issue is amazing and full of wonderful ideas.
As I browsed through the magazine a lot of the items they used can be found right at the shop!!

I am sharing today with Debra for Be Inspired Friday!
Thank you for stopping by ~ have a wonderful weekend!!

20 comments:

lynn cockrell said...

I just signed up to your circle and look forward to visiting your "oh so French" inspired posts! Love it!

Art and Sand said...

She has so many lovely pieces. My favorite was the type setting piece, if that is what it is called. I love anything with graphics.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a lot of pretty things--all perfectly arranged! My eyes were drawn to the crown and the angel wings--my 2 favorite decorating items!

On Crooked Creek said...

Sandi,
Thank you for taking us along on your tour of Mary Ellen's lovely home!
Every item photographed is exquisite!!!
I agree, dear friend...you need a bigger purse!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Tutti Chic said...

oh god...don't know where to start....everything is so gorgeous! love all the pretty pieces and all the details....what a beautiful makeover!! :) chris

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing her home with us. I did go visit her blog when you posted last time and my favorite was the little desk in the corner. The office is amazing, too, and I especially like the bookshelf with all the different boxes and crates for storage. I wish I was so organized over here. Have a lovely weekend. Tammy

Bente said...

Wow, so many pretty things to look at. Loved her house.

Have a nice weekend, Sandi

Hugs

Anne said...

What a beautiful house Sandi! Such inspiration! What a great idea to slip cover a newer office chair....Hmmmmmm it's giving me an idea!
xx
Anne

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a treat to see these rooms up close and personal! Everything is so unique. Love that slip covered office chair. Your photos are wonderful! Glad you shared!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous home! I love that white vintage cabinet. I may need to see if I can find one on Craig's list!

Roselle

Unknown said...

lots of eye candy!

chateau chic said...

Wow, she really does have a lot of treasures to make her home unique and lovely. The angel wings are wonderful, and the French desk is a beauty!
Mary Alice

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh gosh, treasure after treasure here! Mary Ellen has quite a unique and fabulous collection of vintage pieces. You must have had a wonderful evening (enjoying those skinny girls, too)!
Congrats on the FMS feature - I'm not surprised at all. :)

michelle said...

Hello sweet Sandi! Thank you so much for your comment and prayers, they mean so much to me! I am always here if you need anything and I will peek into your beautiful blog to see how you are doing. I am so glad that we
"met" and we can share our hearts together. :) May love peace and joy come to you and yours this new year!
much love,
Michelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great post!! Loved the tour!! What a beautiful home!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cindy said...

I see what you mean, she has lots of lovely treasures around her pretty house. I enjoyed seeing them.
Hugs, Cindy

Debbie said...

Wow! it looks like an antique store in there! LOVE the angel wings, and dress form!
What fun to just walk through!
xxoo

June said...

Oh WOW, Mary Ellen's house is beautiful Sandi. Your photos are wonderful!!! I am in love with that darling kidney shaped desk! and so many other things.
sending hugs...

thistlewoodfarm said...

That tin piece is amazing! I love all the details in her make-over! Absolutely wonderful!

blessings,
karianne

Passionate for White said...

Wow, does MaryEllen have some great pieces. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails