Friday, May 21, 2010

lucky girl...

Happy Friday! It has been a long, busy week for me...the princess came home with all her "stuff". I think it all multiplied since she left with it in September!! It has all been somewhat organized and packed away until August ~ all in totes and plastic drawers ~ right outside my room. I do not think I will like looking at that all summer. Thank goodness I will be away alot. I have also been preparing for company tomorrow to celebrate my son's Confirmation ~ mostly cleaning as I am keeping appetizers simple and ordering pizza. I did not have anything planned to post today until I popped in over at Sandi's ~ drum roll please ~ I won her giveaway!!! Look at these beautiful french inspired garden markers...

Am I a lucky girl or what?! I call Sandi my fairy blog mother ~ she was there on day 1 of my blogging adventure to help me through a few behind the scene elements of my first post and always has time to help me when I need it. So, thank you Sandi for your friendship and for these little beauties!!


I actually took a few photos yesterday of the pretty flowers I bought for the party tomorrow...

I gathered a few other pitchers and will use them to hold forks, knives and spoons... I put a picture of Jake from his Christening and his First Communion into this old frame... It was so hot the day of his Christening and I put him in a little satin suit... My pride and joy...where does the time go...wasn't this just yesterday?! Um...please pay no attention to my hideous decor ~ what was I thinking!! Now for his First Communion (again keep your eyes focused on Jake)... So sweet!! The fireplace, not so much! If you take a peek here you can see what my fireplace looks like today ~ please!! I will take some pictures tomorrow of Jake and share them with you next week. For now I will share this one from our trip to Walt Disney World last year... I have had so many new visitors to my blog this week ~ it was nice meeting all of you. Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy your weekend!! This lucky girl will!

13 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend ahead! How nice to have your daughter home...mine's staying at college through the summer to try to get ahead...I'm missing her! Such a great milestone for your son, too!

Hope you have a beautiful day and a wonderful weekend!

Carolee ~ ArtPodStudios said...

Congrats on the spoon tags, these are very cool, I have been seeing them on Etsy. I saw you hopped over and saw my tag post today....kits hmmm....good idea!
Wow, you have a busy weekend ahead...but you will be make lots of great memories! The kids grow up sooo fast. It's hard to believe how much they change till you see a side by side pic..:) BEAUTIFUL table, love the white and light blue/green look. I just so love visiting your blog, it makes me think of Victoria Magazine!! Have a great weekend!!

Jane said...

Sounds like you have a fun, busy weekend ahead of you! Congratulations to your son on his confirmation. He is a very handsome young man.
Jane

Anne Lorys said...

You ARE lucky! Congrats!!!

That is a stunning blue pitcher, by the way! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Anne

thesimpledaze said...

Congrads on winning the lovely markers I am soooo jealous.It sounds like you are going to have a fun filled summer having your daughter home for the summer.What a handsome young man your son Jake is.Your flowers are gorgeous and the pitchers too.Good luck with everything this weekend.OH and I did not look at the fire place only looked at that cute little guy named Jake lol!!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Have a wonderful weekend!
XO
Kristin

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Congrats on winning those sweet spoon markers.

Have a lovely party and enjoy your family.
Your son is such a handsome guy.

hugs
Sissie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Congrats to you on such a lovely win from Sandi. And congrats to your son. Time certainly does fly. Have a great weekend. :) Tammy

Anonymous said...

You are probably right this moment having a fun time at your party. My grand-daughter is being christened tomorrow. She lives too far way for us to go but lots of photos are forth coming. xoxo Lynn

Kansas Amy said...

Congrats on your win, but I was suppose to win those! ;) :) I'm sure the confirmation party will be awesome! Have a great Sunday!

Tammy said...

Congrats on your son's big day. Sorry your college girl brought home all the mess- so did my son and believe me I don't even like to look in the room. And dang it - I wanted to win the plant markers..oh well good for you.
thanks for always leaving me such nice comments.
tammy

Vintage Remixed said...

You are a lucky girl. Very pretty indeed!!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Such pretty flowers - love the white on white. Plus, I have a Jake too - only he's 25 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails