Saturday, February 13, 2010

pink pin money...

Growing up I remember my Nana asking me if I had "pin money" before I went out the door with friends or on a date. I guess she always made sure that my Mom had a dollar pinned to her clothes in case she needed to make change for a phone call or money to take the bus home. Later my Mom would use that phrase for the money she would save using coupons. She would save up her "pin money" to go to a flea market or estate sale and find a new treasure for her nest. My Mom and Nana are both gone now but I keep the tradition going.


How adorable is this pink pin money bank! A pretty pink china purse with roses and rhinestones to make even saving money pretty!!

I missed the deadline this week to participate in Pink Saturday but I thought I'd show you my pink treasure anyway and wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!!!

5 comments:

DeborahF said...

Hi Sandi....I just found your blog...not sure how I did but I am really GLAD I did! And then I found your etsy shop and just had to have one of those signs! I have added you to my favorite blog list and will be looking forward to reading more. You have a terrific blog.
Thanks,
Deborah

Victoria said...

I love your pin money bank, it's so unique and pretty! In England my parents called it "pocket money" but I like "pin money" better.

Sandi said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I Love your valentine cone too! Did you make it?? Happy HEART day!!
Blessings~

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm popping over from Sandi's place. Only three posts and you have already shared some very special collections. Everything is so lovely! My cousin started me blogging in July. I wasn't so sure about the whole proces - but now I am hooked. Wishing you a beautiful and joyful day of love. Blessings, Tammy

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and I Love it! I like your style! I hope that blogging will be as rewarding for you that it has been for us. Welcome to the blogworld! Twyla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails