Monday, February 15, 2010

treasure filled weekend...

If you take a peek back a few posts you'll see that I kept leaving this sweet vintage book here and there hoping he'd get the hint.

Well ~ he did!! Thank you honey! When I got home from the shop there was a vase full of lovely cut flowers and a yummy box of chocolates!!

The shop I have a space in is at the Wrentham Country Store. We had a Valentine weekend sale and I treated myself to a few pieces I have been admiring like this little rose adorned Bavarian sugar bowl...it has lost it's cover but it is still as sweet! It's just perfect to hold some music scraps for a future project in my craft room hutch.

This beautiful milk glass pitcher with hand painted roses is just perfect for the top of my little medicine cabinet in my cottage style bathroom.


I also finally decided to get this fabulous vintage photo album. Love the cherub on the front!

Great metal scrolly clasp and corners too...



Most of the inside pages are in good condition and there are a few photos inside as well. This sweet girl was on the first page...
I think I'll display this for a bit then put it in my etsy shop. My Valentine and I also went antiquing yesterday. I'll share those finds real soon.

The surprises from my Valentine as well as the pretties I got for myself made for a wonderful treasure filled weekend! Hope you enjoyed yours too!!

8 comments:

Sandi said...

You found some beautiful items Sandi and so glad your hubby got the hint. lol

I took a few more items to my booth today and made more of a mess than anything. I stood back with satisfaction and then to my horror realized that I had brought in dried mud all over my booth! So then it was off to housekeeping to get a sweeper and clean up the mess. Then I had to clean my boots too. Crazy day , but fun!!
Blessings~

Lottie said...

Beautiful treasures! I love the photo of the young girl! You have a lovely blog. Have a great week.

Sandi said...

Hi Sandi,
I thought I left a message, but I don't see it. I must be losing my mind. lol
Your vintage finds are so pretty and I am glad your hubby got the hint. Lol
Blessings~

Elaine said...

came upon your blog and found it delightful.. I too love flea markets,thrift stores and yard sales. So many treasures I find.

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love how you decorate! I really like the pink Paris ribbon I spied in the glass bottle. Love it!

Miss Gracie's House said...

What pretty treasures! Welcome to the land of blog...you're gonna love it!
Rene'

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

All your finds are so lovely. Glad to hear that hubby came through for you. What a fabulous photo album. Wonder who it belonged to so long ago? Wishing you a day of joy and happiness. Blessings, Tammy

Andrea said...

oh so pretty , all of it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails