Tuesday, August 10, 2010

nifty thrifty tuesday...

Hello! I am joining Linda today over at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday. I am always amazed and inspired when I look at all the other creative bloggers' thrifty finds or nifty makeovers. Well today I think I have some pretty nifty, thrifty finds myself. However I must admit, I can not take credit for these treasures...once again my personal shoppers ~ Martha and Sue ~ have spoiled me AGAIN! Are you having company soon and need some new pretties to set your table? Take a look at this sweet tray... Yes, that is pink depression glass! It is the Jeannette cherry blossom pattern and in perfect condition...Will you be making a cake? How would you like to serve it on this... This beautiful cake stand is Schumann's Wild Rose pattern ~ marked Bavaria Germany! Take a closer look... And if you are serving coffee with your cake you could serve cream out of this... I thought I might just keep these for a while but when I took a look at my "keep" pile that has been accumulating over the summer I decided to bring these into the shop. I always want to be one of you beautiful tablescapers so I can use all these pretties but have to realize that it just isn't me...yet. All this from my thrifty personal shoppers for under $5...how exciting! Speaking of exciting ~ I wanted to share with you all some exciting news ~ my son Jake got his permit last Thursday! The wait at the RMV was a bit long but well worth the big smile on his face when he came out of the test room! Congrats Jake! Thank you all for stopping by! Now go browse some more nifty finds over at Coastal Charm.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pieces!! I especially love the pink depression glass, it's just lovely!!
Have a wonderful day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Victoria said...

Those are gorgeous pieces! I love the cake plate. Like you, I haven't reached the "tablescaping" phase yet. Mainly because my table is hideous and in desperate need of a makeover.

Congratulations to your little man, how exciting!!! I'm going to post the lovely little treasures you sent me on my blog now for WW:)

Sandi said...

Pretty finds! Isn't it amazing how fast things accumulate?? Same thing happens here and it has got to go!! lol
Sometimes I go into antique malls around here and think where in the world did all this STUFF come from. I told hubby the other day when we walked in the house, "time to downsize and let a lot of this go".
CONGRATS to Jake on his permit!! Way to go!!
Blessings~

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Some gorgeous pieces for some great price...good for you!!!

NanaDiana said...

I loveyour Nifty/Thrift finds..whether YOU found them or someone else did. They are all beautiful pieces. Congrats on having a new driver...it's a scary/happy thing, isn't it? Diana

Leigh said...

Oh I am drooling, I LOVE your treasures! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment!
--Leigh

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails