Friday, March 25, 2011

another collection...

Thank you all so much on your comments about my sweet clock the other day and for encouraging me to start another collection!  Jim will be thrilled.  To make him even happier I think I started another collection besides the clock...
photo ~ Restoration Hardware

Of course I would love one of those signs, wouldn't you?  However, I thought the wooden pins were different and would add some texture to my mostly white living room.  I remembered seeing one at the shop and scooped it up last weekend (sorry Mary Ellen)...
It is wonderfully worn and weathered...


Now I am on the hunt for more...

Before I send you all over to Common Ground where Debra is having her Vintage Inspiration Friday gathering I thought I would show you one of the projects I worked on this week for my booth.  I had a set of vintage metal tray tables and thought if I took the tray off the base...
I could make it into a message board.  It is a chalkboard...
As well as still being magnetic...
I just covered a few magnets with some vintage sheet music to finish it off.  What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

17 comments:

Donna Mc said...

Hi Sandi. Check out these pins on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62532762/sale-vintage-pair-indian-clubs-ii

I really like this store and immediately thought of them when I saw your post. Just thought I would pass the link along.

Love the chalkboard, magnetic tray. So clever!

Jane said...

Hi Sandi,
I love those old wood pins but the ones I find are usually out of my thrifty price range :) I started collecting the old wood mashers to give me kind of the same look and I can still find those for a few dollars apiece. I think the old wood is a great contrast to vintage whites and it looks wonderful on your ledge.
Great idea for the old tray. I like that it can be both a chalkboard and magnetic board.
Have a great day!!
Jane

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love your message board:) Hey, RuPiper on Etsy sells signs similar to that one. I bought one. It is on my blog. They come in all sizes and are pretty resonable. Have a great weekend:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Polly said...

collections are good!! neat pin thingy! suzanne at meridian road just did a post about some she has. i love turning things into chalkboards too!!

have a great weekend!

Polly

Unknown said...

Love your message board! Really cute!

Hugs
Charo

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore your wooden pin ~ swoon!

I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Great find. They are few and far between in our area unless you go to the antique shows that are way over priced. ~~Sherry~~

Hanlie Joubert said...

love the wooden crates and your message board!
have a wonderful weekend
hanlie

DecRenew Interiors said...

Very cute!

Ruthie

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Ooh! I'm loving the new photo in your header.

Have a great rest of the weekend...

Take care,
Lisa

NanaDiana said...

Sandi~Really cute makeover on the tray..perfect little blackboard AND magnetic to boot. Now, WE can't be blamed for your CLOCK collection-you started that all by YOURSELF...but if it gets your hubby off your back...well, blame us! xxoo Diana

Vicki said...

Love that old pin. I rarely see these. Great find. Love the message board.

A Vintage Vine said...

I really like the wooden pin.....I have seen those around a lot, funny what comes in style! The tray is perfect...I have looked for something like that to do too!!!
Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend!!!

michelle said...

I love the chalkboard/magnet board and I LOVE those little magnets that you covered!!
Wonderful wooden pin collection, they are just beautiful!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. :)

June said...

Sandi you really do have the best ideas. I love the pins as decor.
I also went back to read your WW post and I love it!!! Not only what you did with the sheet music, but starting the clock collection.lol!
sending hugs

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Dual-purpose chalkboard! Love it! And I love your postcard attached to it. Clever!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Sandi, what a great idea for a message board, it's really cool. Thanks so much for linking up for the party, have a great week!
xo,
Debra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails