Tuesday, July 20, 2010

summer beauty...

Today I thought I would share some of the artwork around my home. You know I love vintage mirrors and have quite a collection feathering my nest but I do have some beautiful prints too. I inherited them all from my Mom except two (one that she bought for me and one that she helped me pick out!). They all are quite special to me, each with it's own memory. Like this one she bought for me when we moved into this house and I needed something over the mantel...
Then, there were two fabulous prints in the Ballard catalog that I had been eyeing forever. After saving and saving, their artwork went on sale and she and I picked this one out together... I just love the colors in this! I am going to be repainting my front door this fall with a shade from the door in this print. Has anyone noticed that my fall to do list is getting longer and longer?! Another to do on that list is to tidy up the downstairs and give you all a tour. I showed you my old fashioned yellow bathroom already but I promise to show the rest soon. Just a little peek now to show you this beauty that hung over my parent's mantel. It was the first thing I saw walking through the door each time I visited...
It rests atop the mantel on the fireplace in my downstairs living room. I've told you before that we bought the house Jim grew up in. I'm pretty sure his Dad and Grandfather built this fireplace. My Mom had this next one in her den or her "garden room" as she liked to call it. She bought it because it reminded her of my daughter Jaclyn when she was little... You know it reminds me of her too. This next one my Mom bought when Jaclyn and I used to watch Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea together. It reminds me of scenes of Anne and Diana spending time together sharing their secrets and dreams with each other...
All of these prints are light and airy with flowers in bloom showing off their full summer beauty. Thanks for stopping by today for a little stroll through my art gallery! Before you go, don't forget to enter my giveaway. It ends today and I will announce the winner tomorrow. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Pretty pictures Sandi! I love the bicycle artwork! It is gorgeous!! I need to get moving today and get up to my booth to fluff!
Hugs~

Passionate for White said...

Each one is prettier than the one before....if that's possible!!

Rose said...

i just love pics of children the pic.of your daughter is wonderful. have a good day

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You know, I'm not big on art, but that bicycle picture has always been one of my favorite ones!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails