Wednesday, July 28, 2010

looking for inspiration...

Well it is halfway through the summer of 2010 and I find myself feeling the same way I do every year at this time. While I am very, very lucky to be able to be at home and enjoy every single summer day either at my home or at my campground I have a feeling of being unsettled, disorganized, unproductive and uninspired. Do any of you feel the same way? I do not want to wish the rest of the summer away but I am eager to get back to being creative and doing some dreamy white makeovers and I want Jim to help me revamp my booth. I need to remind myself that the rest of the summer will fly by on it's own and any big booth makeover "will have to wait 'til fishing season is over". So with all that in mind today I plan to relax on my back porch and browse through one of my favorite books while I soak in some sun and some inspiration... Although my back porch is not as fabulous as this... Or this... I will be reminding myself as I relax that it will someday... Right now, today is a beautiful, sunny day and I should sit and enjoy it... It is time to breathe in some fresh air and some inspiration for my living room...
And my bedroom...Hmmm ~ do you think if I get a pillow with a fish on it he will help me with the booth makeover sooner... I don't think so either! So for now I will sit and enjoy the day... Summer is here for a short visit and soon enough I will have my craft room back to being organized and ready for new projects and my inspiration board will be full of new ideas for my booth and Etsy shop. Well, thank you for visiting and listening today. As I type this post I am feeling better already! Blogging has brought so much to my life ~ wonderful new friends, inspiring ideas for my home and my booth as well as new dreams to tightly hold on to along with my old dreams. Thank you to Victoria's book "At Home With White, Celebrating the Intimate Home" for all the beautiful photos I am using today that are full of dreamy whites so I could join in on White Wednesday over at Faded Charm. Hope you all have a relaxing, inspiring day!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the inspiration you have shown us. You enjoy the rest of your summer because fall will be here soon enough ~ miles of smiles ~ Lynn

Kathy said...

Hello there! Just love the post - I love how Victoria celebrated White in decoration, clothing etc...
I have a blog party to celebrate Victoria! This post would be perfect! Hope you stop by!
Kathy
blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com

awal.ny said...

Victoria magazine is one of my favorites. It has become the one that I get my cup of coffee and read from cover to end and then go back to look at all the pictures again. I can't wait to get my next issue. Thanks for sharing, what a lovely white Wednesday.

Rebecca said...

I feel exactly the same way - and I can't shake it. I'm beginning to feel discouraged. I also have this book-may need to pull it out-hope things get better for both of us!

bj said...

OMGosh, these photos are all so luscious.
Makes me want "all white" even more.

I have a giveaway going on the rest of the week. Come by and leave a message or two ON THE GIVEAWAY POST. :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love all these pictures because I love the book! I have it too! Happy WW--thanks for bringing more white! Jacqueline

Sandi said...

I hear you Sandi! I think we all go through that at one time or another OR several times like me! LOL Definitely have my moments!!
Love the inspiration you have shown us today! Hang in there...it will get better, and colder, and winter is just around the corner!!
UGH! LOL
Blessings~

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

That was inspiration heaven. I saw some great ideas from your post. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Victoria Magazine is one of my favorite things. Nothing but fluff, but what gorgeous, beautiful fluff!

Summer, with the kids home, is wonderful, and I'm grateful for the lazy days swimming with the kids and the lack of rushing about, but it does throw me completely out of my routine, so I also look forward to school starting so things can "get back to normal." I too feel unproductive and drained of inspiration. How strange! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Burlap Luxe said...

hello,
I was so surprised when I visited you to see that you posted a magazine snapshot of a Iron twin bed that I posted that I own on my post. It is the same bed but different post finials.
I had a iron welder cut the connection off for the rail system so I could hang it on a wall and use all a piece of art as a iron tag board or pot rack.

You will see it in my post :)

loved my visit over here, keep inspirig beauty.
xx
Dore

Unknown said...

I get antsy too when I don't create as much as I want to or when I feel disorganized. Nice to see other artists feel the same. I think it's the curse of the artistic. LOL
Your whites are lovely. Thanks for visiting my first white post!!! Can't wait to see your booth when it's reorganized!
xo
Roselle

AnthonyRose'sShabHome said...

I'm feeling the very same way although I really hate the winters I hate to say it by august I'm looking forward to the fall and cooler days. This past month has been brutal the only time I go out side if we are not at the beach is the early morning to look at my flowers and try to enjoy them before their gone again or a walk. And it is nice not to have to rush out in the am but I do like to have a routine and hoping to start on some projects I've been dieing to do!! Talk soon

Heaven's Walk said...

I just ordered that book on Amazon because I was searching for more inspiration! Thank you for giving me a sneek peak!! :) I know what you mean about wanting to slap more white about the house. Summer just seems to bring that out in us, doesn't it? :) And I'm so with you on the blogging thing. It's truly amazing how many encouraging, supportive, caring gals I've met via blogging! Love them all!! :)

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Sandi,
Love your home...so pretty! Can't wait to see you booth makeover. I'm sure you'll be setting the bar very high for the rest of us shop girls. Enjoy your summer...it'll be winter before we know it. Plenty of time to be stuck inside and be creative.

Unknown said...

Cheer up "Miss Witty & Pretty" or I'll switch places with you for a few weeks and let you come do my job with customers crabbing at you all day and I'll sit on your porch and relax for you!! LOL!! See you next week at the campground...I am sooooooo looking forward to a week of relaxing. See you soon...Pam

Simple Home said...

This is truly the time of year to decorate in dreamy whites. I love the photos you shared. They make me want to go paint something :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Miss Gracie's House said...

Love, love, love those books...so very inspirational!
rene

Rose said...

love the photos. Every time i see ideas i want to do a chane in my home, not good have to watch the money and very busy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails