Friday, September 13, 2013

little piece of heaven on cape cod...

Happy Friday!
If you are like me and are trying to hold on to every little bit of summer before the leaves start Falling, then I have treat for you!

Take a peek inside my friend (and fellow Shop Girl) Gayle's little piece of heaven on Cape Cod...


Of course you know I love all the white, but I also love the pop of aqua that she uses, like on these old shutters inside the cottage.  They make a pretty frame as you peek inside the kitchen...


And what a sweet space it is!  Lots of lovely little details...

 

Gayle's cottage may be small on space but it is definitely big on style!


I love the grey pillows and throw on the bed.  I also love the use of different textures in the room, adding warmth and interest!
Looks like something out of a magazine, doesn't it?!
And, she's just a stone's throw to the beach!




Thank you so much Gayle for letting me share this beautiful haven you have created!
Cheers to you and to making the most of the last few weeks of the season!!

Thank you everyone for stopping by...have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Yes I am like you trying to hold onto every last bit of summer! Your friend's cottage is utterly amazing! I was sure those photos came from a magazine. What a wonderful talent she has. Congrats on your own magazine mention! Keep on!

Debbie said...

The aqua shutters are perfect for the little cottage! What a gorgeous space to live in! Your friend has done a wonderful job decorating her slice of heaven. LOVE it!!
xo

Seawashed said...

So cute and I like the small size. They have aqu pillow covers like hers at ikea. I bought some!

Susie said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable place. The aqua does pop and looks so good. Nine days till the end of Summer. waaa..I am not ready, I love autumn, but I do not want to see winter for a loooong time. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Sandi,
Gayle's cottage is adorable and just what you would think a cape cod would be. Thanks for sharing her cute place with us. One thing the last picture is not showing up on my computer. Not sure if that is on my end or yours. Just thought I would let you know.
Kris

Unknown said...

LOVE love love this gorgeous little cottage. It looks just as I thought it would! I have the chandelier that is hanging in my home office....:)Gayle's pops of color against the crisp clean white are used perfectly! She is so talented....:)

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love it-What a cute place. I am trying to hold onto summer,too. We are taking a few days to enjoy this last hurrah this coming week-xo Diana

elizabeth said...

What an adorable little place! We spent our 25th anniversary on Cape Cod...I'd love to visit it again!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Small is good! Her place is gorgeous! Love the coffee table -- I remember those old wooden cable spools (is there another name for them) -- we used to stand up on them and roll/ride them down the street when I was a youngster. :) Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It's so quaint and full of charm. I love the grey cushions on the bed too.

Victoria said...

Oh my goodness, that is adorable!!! I love the vaulted ceiling!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

What a cute little cottage! Love how "be achy" it looks - and of course I spied her M-C checks, which are my favorite!!

lynn cockrell said...

What a pretty little cottage your friend has at Cape Cod!

Heaven's Walk said...

It is a total, tiny, treasured jewel, Sandi! Soooo sweet! I would be very happy on Cape Cod in that little cottage by the sea. :)

xoxo laurie

Anne said...

Sandi your friend Gayle has a beautiful home! Thank you for sharing a tour...I am inspired :-)
xx
Anne

Polly said...

wow! i love it!! a heavenly little getaway! perfect!

Cindy said...

It's soooooo cuuute! Love everything about it. I also love your header photo. I'm so behind on everyone's post i don't even know if it's a new photo!

Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails